Old 05-25-2022, 06:09 PM

Default 63 Lemans window track rebuild

Has anyone rebuilt their vent window assembly? I'm looking for the material that fits in the side window front track that's part of the vent window assembly. I've ordered the rubber part for the vent window, but what do I use in the long window track channel ? This is for a 1963 Lemans convertible.
Thanks,
JK

Old 05-25-2022, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefkey View Post
Has anyone rebuilt their vent window assembly? I'm looking for the material that fits in the side window front track that's part of the vent window assembly. I've ordered the rubber part for the vent window, but what do I use in the long window track channel ? This is for a 1963 Lemans convertible.
Thanks,
JK
The material you refer to is called flocked division channel. There are two pieces; an upper flocked division channel and a lower flocked division channel.

https://www.rubbertherightway.com/19...86842-prd1.htm

https://www.rubbertherightway.com/19...86842-prd1.htm

I bought the correct rivets from Jay-Cee Sales and Rivet, Inc. You would need a rivet tool to attach new pieces.
Do you know how to separate vent window frame to remove vent window?

I rebuilt my tailgate side windows which used same materials.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02055.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	591542   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02080.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	591543   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02084.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	591544   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02065.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	591545  

Old 05-26-2022, 08:57 AM

Default Lower Flocked Division Channel

I just realized that I had listed the upper flocked division channel twice. Here is the link for the lower flocked division channel.

https://www.rubbertherightway.com/19...85614-prd1.htm

Rubber The Right Way sells the UPPER flocked division channel as two 3' long pieces. One 3' long piece will do both vent window frames.

I have a 3' long piece and rivets available.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00353.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	591567  

Old 05-26-2022, 04:08 PM

I've ordered the rubber for the vent windows from Steele Rubber and watched several videos on the vent window restoration. Didn't realize what a job it is. What rivets do I need to order ? The flocking in my window channel is appx. 28"
long. Haven't measured the rear channel that's mounted inside the door yet. Looks like I'll need to buy a tool to install the rivets too. Thanks for your advice.
JK

Old 05-28-2022, 08:35 AM

Rivets are available from Jay-Cee Sales and Rivets, Inc. I measured one of my original rivets with calipers before ordering. The part number and specs are shown in picture.

Is the 28" flocking in your window channel 2 piece? It should be. The upper flocked division channel has a stainless steel bead. The lower flocked division channel is a little taller with no stainless bead.

To replace vent window rubber I drilled out rivet that holds top of frame together. I used a short pop-rivet to put it back together. The head of pop-rivet won't show after vent window frame is installed in car.

If you need any assistance while doing the job, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00354.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	591646  

Old 06-09-2022, 05:24 PM

Ames Performance has them.

Old 06-09-2022, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have used the velcro fuzzy material bought at a fabric shop to redo channels. After cleaning channel just cut to fit and use 3m adhesive.