EFI Tech All things EFI and making classics modern!

Old 09-02-2022, 06:21 PM

Default Useful tool, holley efi table re-scaler.

Just came across this excel spredsheet, that rescales you timing, afr and fuel table.
this is great when you dont need a 2 bar map sensor (non boosted) or 8000 rpm.
if you change rpm range or map range the fuel and timing table cells does not automatically re-scale in the holley software.

Link to spredsheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1095542496

Link to instruction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdrnZUZnU6g

I hope atleast a few of you have use for this.

-469 ,Butler 310+ Eheads, Hurricane intake portmatched by butler, Butler roller 230/236 @0.50 112 LSA, Johnson lifters, pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, 3.42 yukon duragrip lsd, holley sniper efi, hyperfuel efi tank +++
Old 09-03-2022, 01:46 PM

A quick update after testing this out (had a !"#¤@! of a time getting a proper version of excel) i downloaded the HP and dominator V6 software. i checked the custom configs, and found 1 that was closest to my sniper config; Called "502 4l80E tbi" that is a NA based map. First thing was to go into system icf and change cubes from 502 to my displacement ->469 then import the scale and VE values in the tool linked above. Then out put it to my current fueltable scale and import it, i did have to somwwhat alter My AFR table to resemble the HP&Domintaor V6 502 config. so it would not drift too far apart. but i did limit my CL&learn to 10% in the low load map below 65-ish KPA and limit the above to 20%.
Loaded the tune and car stared up, but with 20 AFR. i hooked up my laptop and choose a 6x6 area where the live cursor was hovering and manually upped my VE value til i matched my 14.2 AFR target as the car heated up. When changing the VE value there is a good 2-3 secound lag before the ecu react and corrects so i had to go slow. after idling for a while up to temp i free rev it and hold the throttle at varying rpm stopping every 300-ish rpm up to about 2000. shut the car of and blended the learn table. Strated back up and drove the car at more or less steady state cruising speeds for about 5-10 minutes, shut it off and blended the learn with fuel table again.

Now was the time for testing, and i can say that it is a much better fuel table than the existing config i have been tweaking , maybe not much better down in the low load area, but heavy throttle now rips the tires at low speed just about 95% of my bogging is done, and if it bogs it wil clear up after 1/2 a second, (still a little tweking on accel enrichment) so that means my base fuel table in high load area is a lot closer than what it was. I have set up tigth AFR warnings in Sensors ICF and it wil flash yellow then red if go below 12.0 and above 15.0 AFR and there was hardly ever a yellow flash .

-469 ,Butler 310+ Eheads, Hurricane intake portmatched by butler, Butler roller 230/236 @0.50 112 LSA, Johnson lifters, pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, 3.42 yukon duragrip lsd, holley sniper efi, hyperfuel efi tank +++
Old 09-03-2022, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Makes me very happy that I can re bin my tables easily and Tunerstudio will automatically extrapolate the values into the new table. I'm very surprised that Holley doesn't have this ability as well... But kudos to you for being able to figure out how to get to where you need to be.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:30 AM

Yes it is annoying that it does not rescale automatically, and all the base tunes and wizard tunes have the 2 top rows 158 and 210 KPA , if you simply rescale your map, you will drown in fuel when you hit the 2 top rows. and it is a pain to manully fiddle with those rows to have it not completly warp your VE table on thos 2 top rows, as i prefer to to do corrections in the VE table.