WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > Classic TECH- specs, codes, resto issues FORUMS > General Late Model Tech

General Late Model Tech All LM technical discussions except GTO, G8 and TA here!

Old 12-17-2022, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 2004 GP ignition key problem

I had 2 keys for my daughters 04 GP. I recently learned that my spare key would not start the car, but the one she uses works fine. So I assume it has something to do with the chip in it. Well now the good key is lost. We can't find it. Now what do I do?
Old 12-17-2022, 12:18 PM

Put the non working one in the ignition and turn to run but don’t crank it. Leave it for half and hour then come back, remove it then try and start it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
77 T/A- poncho 400| T-10|3.23| I beams|Hyper flat top pistons|Kre heads|Scorpion rockers|Xr276 hydro roller|Rpm intake|Smi qjet|Subframe connectors|Rancho sways|Mcleod super street|hydro clutch|More i cant remember
Old 12-17-2022, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

After the good key has been missing for days, I post this and withing a couple hours the key has been found. Now to get a backup key made.
Old 12-21-2022, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great that you found it. Now take an Ohm meter and measure the key resistance. Use the low ohms scale and zero the meter. I think there are about a dozen different chips.