Old 08-20-2022, 03:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Autometer Digital Gauge problem

I have a strange problem with my Autometer digital gauges.

They work fine in the ACC position, and the RUN position, but when I start the engine, one or both will go out. If while the engine is running I disconnect their power and reconnect it they both come on and work great. I can even quickly shut the ignition off and back on and the gauges will come on and work great.

I'm thinking maybe the voltage drop during cranking may be causing an issue, or the circuit I am using to power them is cut off during cranking .. have tried using the heater circuit and clock circuit so far.

Last ditch solution I'd install an on/off switch for the gauges because they work fine if they are turned on after the car is running.

Old 08-20-2022, 06:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeez, just noticed I posted this in the EFI section ... meant to go in the Electrical section.
Sorry, ignore this question