Old 01-18-2023, 03:36 AM

Default Front speaker, how? '65 Bonneville

Well, I just got my '65 AM/FM-radio back from the repair shop and like new again. Now the question is, how do I mount the front speaker? AC-dash and speaker grille holes are too wide apart for the speaker so did it have somekind of brackets where to put the speaker or something? Shop manual didn't offer any help.

Old 01-18-2023, 06:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiralfey View Post
Well, I just got my '65 AM/FM-radio back from the repair shop and like new again. Now the question is, how do I mount the front speaker? AC-dash and speaker grille holes are too wide apart for the speaker so did it have somekind of brackets where to put the speaker or something? Shop manual didn't offer any help.
Possible. It's little brother used brackets. These are the repro 64-67 "A" body brackets. I predict a little light fabrication work, or a Want Ad, are in your future.

Don't know which speaker(s) you're using, and you're probably aware, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the OEM speaker are 10 ohm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64-67 A speaker bracket.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	605425  

Old 01-18-2023, 11:20 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
Possible. It's little brother used brackets. These are the repro 64-67 "A" body brackets. I predict a little light fabrication work, or a Want Ad, are in your future.

Don't know which speaker(s) you're using, and you're probably aware, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the OEM speaker are 10 ohm.
Thanks, makes sense using brackets. Luckily I have an original 10 ohm speaker in good condition.
I think I can fabricate those brackets myself and they are hiding in the dash so won't be an eyesore