Old 01-23-2023, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Factory Radio Delete Plate

I need one for a '75 Firebird. I THINK this means it has to come originally from a '70-'77?
The aftermarket one that is advertised "fits '70-'81" is too big.
It doesn't have to be in pristine condition.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 01-23-2023, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Any pictures of an original of the proper year?

Old 01-23-2023, 07:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No, I've never seen one. But since radio delete was an option, I figure there must be a few floating around.

Eric

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 01-23-2023, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's been a long time, but I think I have or had one. I took apart a 1970 6-cylinder 3-spd Firebird in the early 1980s. This was an absolutely base car, manual brakes and manual steering. I am pretty sure it had the radio delete plate in it, but I have no idea what I ever did with it. I possibly threw it away.

Old 01-23-2023, 11:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you happen to find it, I'd throw some money your way.

Eric

Old 01-24-2023, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It might turn up in the next year or so. Most of my parts are a couple of hours away. I need to get organized badly. If all goes well, I retire this year and get organized.

I just commented because I remember when the 1970 Firebird came up for sale with a bad motor. It was the most lowly optioned 1970 and newer Firebird I've ever seen. I've only seen two six-cylinder 1970 and newer cars in my life. I heard about another one, I think I was told it was a 1974 but never saw it. The guy who told me about it said it had a vacuum gauge, which I've never seen.

Mike

Old 01-24-2023, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thinking back, I've never seen a 6 cyl Firebird and have never seen a Firebird without a radio. LOL

Eric