Old 05-06-2021, 04:41 PM
Senior Chief

Default License plate mount

Just got a front license plate mount with no hardware for my ‘71 and I’m not exactly sure on mounting it. The top two screws into the bumper are simple enough but what is done with the “L” shaped bracket on the back? It has two holes and it appears that some rubber bumpers could go there to brace it against the front valence without damaging the paint. Is that correct or is there another part missing, maybe something that is attached to the top center screw on the valence?

1971 Trans Am, White/Blue
455 YC Block with Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum Heads, 10-10.5 estimated CR, E-Performer Plus cam (soon to be 041 + Rhoads), Comp Cams 1.65:1 roller tip rockers, E-Performer Aluminum Intake (soon to be topped by a FiTech EFI), TRW forged pistons, Hedman Husler Headers, 3" dual exhaust with Flow Master mufflers.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bend that "L" bracket way out. They ship them bent in. The rubbers rest against the lower valence. I usually put machine screws in the top with RTV. I dislike the coarse nasty "factory" screws they used.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:22 PM
Senior Chief

Got it! Thanks!

1971 Trans Am, White/Blue
455 YC Block with Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum Heads, 10-10.5 estimated CR, E-Performer Plus cam (soon to be 041 + Rhoads), Comp Cams 1.65:1 roller tip rockers, E-Performer Aluminum Intake (soon to be topped by a FiTech EFI), TRW forged pistons, Hedman Husler Headers, 3" dual exhaust with Flow Master mufflers.