Old 04-27-2022, 10:43 AM
Senior Chief

Default 67 throttle cable and bracket for sniper efi

I'm installing the sniper 550-510 efi unit on my 67 GTO with a manual transmission and the existing factory cast iron manifold. The factory throttle cable bracket won't let the throttle cable line up where it needs to connect to the sniper unit. Lokar makes a bracket and a new throttle cable to correct this but the tech guy wasn't sure if it would go through the factory hole in the firewall.
I'm trying to keep the factory look as much as possible. Has anyone installed this unit and come up with a way to use the factory bracket and factory cable? And if not, what did you use and did you have to modify things. Thanks for all your help.

Old 05-04-2022, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I did a similar thing with the Lokar bracket and throttle cable on my Fitech setup. The Lokar bracket and cable are really nice, highly recommend. To make the firewall connection for the throttle cable look stock, I took the mounting plate off a repro throttle cable and used it to mount the Lokar through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220504-180333_Gallery.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	590196  

'66 LeMans Hardtop, 400, FI, A/C, 4L80E.
'64 GTO Hardtop, "389", Tri-power, 5 speed, A/C, Yorktown Blue.
http://www.gtoaco.com
Old 05-04-2022, 06:22 PM
Senior Chief

Yes, I did the exact same thing. Lokar throttle cable and bracket, took my old original cable and removed it from the 3 hole mounting bracket, drilled the 5/16 hole and I stalled it. I ordered the black 24" vintage cable so it looks original. Very nice product.

The Following User Says Thank You to gomowgto For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2022, 07:16 PM
Senior Chief

How did you deal with the cranking voltage problem I was having?

Old 05-05-2022, 05:42 PM
Senior Chief

Took it for its first drive today. I followed all the prompts on the wizard setup, and it fired off first try. It wad amazing. Drove it for about an hour around town and all is great. No leaks, all systems are working as they should. Tomorrow I'll button up the wires and get everything in looms and get the hood on. Can't wait.
Again, thanks you all for your help, I couldn't of done it without your help.