Garage Sale Any NON-Pontiac related item you want to buy-sell-trade or giveaway!

Old 02-02-2022, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Carter factory specs book

This was published in the mid sixties and contains spec sheets for carburetors produced by carter from then to waaay back in their history and much more. Not every carb is covered but many are including many high performance AFBs including the 3010 '60 Pontiac NASCAR sd carb, 3361/62/3804 409 carbs, and 3705/3861/3447 Mopar cross rams. The sheets are sorted by automobile manufacturer and separated with dividers. Very rare book now-a-days. The book is 5 1/2" tall x 11 1/2x10 and weighs 18 lbs. $200 + actual shipping or may be picked up in Sour Lake, Texas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	583363   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	583364   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	583365   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	583366   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	583367  

Old 02-04-2022, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Price drop to $125 + shipping. I went to ebay to put this on there and there are a number of them on there from $23.93 to $300+ which I had no idea. They state weights from 8lbs. and up and most of the binders appear to be only partially filled. This one is 18 lbs. and is full.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just in the FWIW category:

Carter offered several different versions of this manual. Carter distributors got the full manual with all production sheets. Carter jobbers got a manual with fewer sheets, and the dealer version would contain all sheets for the dealers car make, plus sheets for common carburetors of other makes. Dealer could order manuals, and the dealer manual was part of tuition for the Carter carburetor school.

A new version was issued each year with the newest carburetors and the latest updates. Typically, manuals would go back 7 years with complete coverage (for the type of manual) and further back for more common items. Once one had purchased the manual, one could purchase annual updates, which would be mailed as necessary, generally monthy. I had such a subscription about 40 years ago.

The dealer and jobber manuals were looseleaf, with flexible leatherette covers. The distributor manual was looseleaf, and the covers were leatherette over fibreboard (much sturdier than the leatherette alone). The manual John is advertising appears to be the distributor manual.

If one looks closely at the ones on ebay, one will find most of them to be the dealer/jobber versions.

Even the distributor manuals did not contain everything; low production carbs (i.e. the 3 barrel Pontiac NASCAR version) never had a production page printed. Information was printed on what Carter called (T)emporary (F)ield (N)otice or TFN's and distributed on a need-to-know basis.

Some of the distributor manuals also contained a Master Parts Interchange, but these are generally missing. I have never found them in any of the dealer/distibutor manuals.

John - if your manual contains a Master Parts Interchange printed after 1963, I will buy your manual.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 02-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jon I just looked through it at the front area where there are several booklet type inserts and I did not see anything that said "Master Parts Interchange" so I don't think this book has one.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for looking. The distributor book you have is a bargain at your price for someone who works on Carter carbs.

As to the Master Parts Interchange, have only found two (1959 and 1960) in about 200 of the manuals.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 03-13-2022, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

$100 + shipping