Old 04-20-2022, 05:38 PM
Senior Chief

Default Motor mount problems on my 67 GTO

Has anyone had problems switching from aftermarket Motor mounts to Ames correct mounts. I ordered and received the N226A mounts and Ames tech dept confirmed they are the correct ones for the 67 400 motor. I didn't remove the 4 speed, just the motor. Had the work completed, found the old motor mounts to actually be pulling apart, so I replaced them. Now the passenger side frame mount needs to come back about a 1/4 inch and I don't know why. I didn't loosen or move the frame mounts at all. The only thing I can figure is the ones from the local parts store are so generic that they compensate for misalignment and fit real sloppy. Of course I threw the old ones away but I did compare them with the new ones and they looked the same, but something is definately different. Ames tech guy told me to bend the tab without the nut out just a little and grind the metal buildup from the inside of the tabs with the nut on it. I did that and the engine mounts fit on the frame mounts better but I'm still having alignment issues. The frame mounts are on the correct side also, the taller one is on the drivers side.
Thanks in advance for any and all help .

Old 04-20-2022, 11:33 PM
Senior Chief

Wonder if you have the same problem as in this post?

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=857583