Old 04-27-2022, 12:51 PM

Default idler arm and center/draglink issues

Hello! I’m annoyingly close to getting my 63 safari road ready for an alignment! when torquing down the front end i noticed where the idler arm and center link connect there is a gap. 1st photo is a before and the second is a after where i tightened the castle nut. is this gap a problem? as i noticed this is not a problem on the driver side where the center link and pitman arm connect. the idler arm is from p-s-t and the center link was bought under a centric brand which appears to be the same as the rare parts one. i was thinking i could take the idler to the machine shop and get it opened up a bit to better accept the tapered stud of the center link. Appreciate any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-27-2022, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As long as the taper is the same on both parts, I’d say you’re good since you are able to get the cotter pin installed. If it goes in too deep, you’ll run out of threads before it’s tight.