Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Club Car gas cart help, please

This is a key start 2004 utility bed type cart called a Carryall 2. Made by Club Car.
Has a 350 gas Kawasaki. Lots of neglect from the condo association that owns it and I’m trying to straighten this out.

Starts and runs at an idle only. If I open the throttle lever on the carb by hand it still only idles ….. does not rev up at all.

Start it up and press on accelerator and it immediately dies but will restart and again idle , only to repeat dying if the acc pedal is pressed down..

There is a micro switch inside the fuse box under the seat that operates as a function of the foot throttle rod which is tied into the throttle cable going to the carb throttle lever. When the micro switch moves via the cam follower it immediately dies.

Hope this sounds familiar to someone out there in cyber land!

I’m thinking maybe the micro switch may be bad , but still it will not rev up even be operating the throttle butterfly manually by hand!???

Lastly there is a rev limiter that fastens to the front of the block that may be playing a part of this mess.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If you figure it out, let us know. I have a dirt bike that acts the same way- idles, but won’t rev at all when carb is opened, even though I can verify carb is operating properly. I think there is a vacuum leak between the engine and transmission (it’s a 2 stroke) but haven’t really dug into, as 50 year old Yamaha engines aren’t my specialty.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.