EFI Tech All things EFI and making classics modern!

Old 10-28-2019, 12:24 PM
Senior Chief

Default Any one run SNIPER EFI QUADRAJET with Trans Am shaker

Any one run SNIPER EFI QUADRAJET with Trans Am shaker. i have a 78 Trans Am and been considering either trying to get a carb built by cliff, or maybe rebuild myself.. or on a stretch maybe the efi sniper. just wondering results if anyone has done this yet?? what would you do differently if had to do it again. overall happy with performance etc..

Old 10-31-2019, 12:16 PM
Senior Chief

I have the sniper on my 74 Trans am....i can only recommend it. The vadvantages have been discussed many times on this board: Better starting,better throttle Response, always correct AF-Ratio...

Old 11-02-2019, 11:57 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by taalltheway View Post
I have the sniper on my 74 Trans am....i can only recommend it. The vadvantages have been discussed many times on this board: Better starting,better throttle Response, always correct AF-Ratio...
do you have it setup with the shaker?? and any issues mounting it??

Old 11-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Senior Chief

still wondering if anyone has run the sniper efi with shaker?? any clearance issues?? thanks... considering to use on my 78..

Old 11-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Senior Chief

Not sure about the Quadrajet version of the Sniper, but for my 76 Trans Am shaker I had no issues with the Sniper EFI (550-510). Previously, with my carb, I used the Performer RPM intake with a drop base for clearance, and swapping directly over to the EFI had no change in fitment and clearance. With a regular height intake and breather base, it would have also been a good fit.

Old 11-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Senior Chief

Oh yeah, I had significant nagging RF interference problems and did loads of trouble shooting. The biggest issue and clincher, for my case, were the ground wires. I thought they were clean, but definitely needed to be super clean, and more than OEM placement. All good now. Extra attention to routing sensor versus tack and coil lines, and no matter how good you think your plug wires are, if you run into a RF snag, swap them out (this did not solve 100% of my problem, but did produce a verrrry noticeable improvement. And, the tech support line was excellent.

Old 11-09-2019, 11:23 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76TA462 View Post
Oh yeah, I had significant nagging RF interference problems and did loads of trouble shooting. The biggest issue and clincher, for my case, were the ground wires. I thought they were clean, but definitely needed to be super clean, and more than OEM placement. All good now. Extra attention to routing sensor versus tack and coil lines, and no matter how good you think your plug wires are, if you run into a RF snag, swap them out (this did not solve 100% of my problem, but did produce a verrrry noticeable improvement. And, the tech support line was excellent.
awesome.. thanks for the info.. that was a big issue for me.. i didnt want to make a descision on even possibly going this route if there were fitment issues with the shaker.. great info.. thank alot.. i also have a few emails out to butler and to holley.. regarding this...