Old 01-03-2003, 02:34 AM

I have some questions about motor mounts. I can't remember if there is a rubber pad that bolt's between the mount and the frame? Also can someone Please let me know if the mounts are interchangable between left and right side? 1974 gto

[This message was edited by Glowing Goat on January 03, 2003 at 04:42 AM.]

Old 01-03-2003, 02:34 AM

I have some questions about motor mounts. I can't remember if there is a rubber pad that bolt's between the mount and the frame? Also can someone Please let me know if the mounts are interchangable between left and right side? 1974 gto

[This message was edited by Glowing Goat on January 03, 2003 at 04:42 AM.]

Old 01-03-2003, 04:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Bolt goes up through bracket that is bolted to frame and into mount which has nut moulded into it. I don't remember if left and right interchange. Hope that helps!!
p.s. I think they are the same as 69 firebird 400 mounts

76 GP LJ 400 4BBL T400
78 Chevy 1/2 Ton Truck
Oh yea I love my wife very much
For some reason it got erased when I put it here last time!!!!!! hmmmmmmmm
Old 01-03-2003, 04:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think the last time i bought some they were side specific. Call your local Napa, autozone...etc. and just do a parts lookup.

Old 01-03-2003, 08:38 PM

no pad and same part # for both sides.

Old 01-03-2003, 11:31 PM
Senior Chief

The motor mounts are not side specific! There is a plate that bolts to the block attached to a rubber block with a nut burried in it so, the answer is yes it DOES have rubber between the block and frame!

Old 01-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gooatee:
The motor mounts are not side specific! There is a plate that bolts to the block attached to a rubber block with a nut burried in it so, the answer is yes it DOES have rubber between the block and frame!

http://kurtsplates.homestead.com/files/gooatee.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess i was wrong. Wouldn't be the first time
It's been so long since i ordered some.

Old 01-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Senior Chief

BigB I hope you didn't think I was tring to make you look bad!!! I just had mine out and mixed them up thinking they were side specific and realized they were not!!! Dont want to make any one angry thinking I was trying to show them up, just want to lend a hand and get the right info to the person who needs it!!!

Old 01-06-2003, 07:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gooatee:
BigB I hope you didn't think I was tring to make you look bad!!! I just had mine out and mixed them up thinking they were side specific and realized they were not!!! Dont want to make any one angry thinking I was trying to show them up, just want to lend a hand and get the right info to the person who needs it!!!

http://kurtsplates.homestead.com/files/gooatee.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took no offense. I'm glad you provided the right info, so i didn't steer them in the wrong direction.

Old 01-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I purchased a set of solid mounts several years ago at norwalk for something like $60 a pair from I believe it may have been Indian adventures but I am not sure. (someone will chime in here on who it might have been) nevertheless they fit and worked out great. I ran the soild mount on the drivers side and a stock one on the passenger side until I finally replaced the passenfer side when I noticed it was getting bad from age. Instead of buying a new rubber mount, I just used the other solid and everything is fine. Just be sure to use a rubber mount on your tranny. One problem I did have was that the motor slid up on the drivers side due to the slot on the mounting plate on the frame for alignment. Make sure the motor is sitting correctly then tighten the sh#t out of the bolts and I plan on making a strap to limit the movement so this won't happen again. The motor slid up and #7 pipe hit the steering knuckle (which is extremely tight) and locked the steering up. That was a wild launch!

Old 01-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Senior Chief

More than likely it was Indian Adventures! That sounds like a fun ride you had! I used the ol' chain from the head to the upper control arm shaft for my solid mount! It may not look perty but it works like a champ!!!

Old 01-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pedalled it twice and wala! there's that stupid part of me that just can't let out. I plan on making a rod with some nice hime joints on the end...or a chain because I don't feel like making something

Old 01-08-2003, 02:50 AM

Thank's for the information I thought there was supose to be a pad in there. Now I'am going to have to find one Thanks

Old 01-08-2003, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is what Gooatee was trying to say.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	74GTOMount.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	14559