THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Suspended

Exclamation Vettel says he would ignore team orders again

Here you go "Button surprised by Vettel claims that he would ignore team orders again"
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/189697/...el_claims.html

Check out the video link on the right of the page above

Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"What would Fangio do?"
"What would Schumacher do?"
"What would Senna do?

I am not old enought to know about Fangio.

Shumacher would wreck him.

Senna would pass them or if Prost Wreck him..

patrick

Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Suspended

Thumbs down

"I've Had No Support From Webber, Says Vettel"
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...bastian-vettel

Old 04-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What's amusing in this whole controversy is that Vettel said he did not recognize the team order "multi 21" (meaning that he and Webber to hold positions), but now everyone knows the secret code!

Team orders are the part of F1 I don't like. Let them race. Best driver wins.

Q: You’ve explained that you didn’t understand the ‘Multi 21’ message over the team radio…

Vettel : The fact is that I heard that over the team radio but didn’t connect it with the situation - whether you believe that or not. I was doing my race and concentrating on winning - and have won. After the race it dawned on me that I interpreted the team radio wrong - and I have apologised.

Q: Had you understood the team order properly, would you have obeyed it?

Vettel : I am not sure if I can give you a perfect answer on that question. Of course there would have been a conflict, as I am the type of person that respects the team’s decisions, but probably I would have thought that Mark wouldn’t have deserved it at that time.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Suspended

Lightbulb

Personally I wouldn't mind Vettel taking himself and Webber out again as per Hungary, and focus on the other drivers in the field.

I'd love to see another Kimi or underdog win to unsettle the status-quo and keep the season exciting and interesting.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:39 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Check your local listings for Shanghai Practice repeat today.
The original 90 minute program was broadcast this AM @ 1:00 am CST.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOAT View Post
"And yes, Lewis Hamilton pulling into the wrong pits was a classic! What's funny was that the McLaren Team was staged and ready, and in fact the jackman at the front almost slid the jack under the nose of Hamilton's Mercedes before realizing it wasn't their car, and quickly jumped out of the way!"

What would have been funnier if the McLaren boys jacked him up and let him sit there for a while. Good way to get him fall back in the field.

Now that would have been interesting ...wonder what the rules interpretation as to that move would have been. could you imagine hamilton freaking out in the car and the pit crew just standing around whistling dixie with his car in the air ... or no wheels and sit him down? Meantime ... "umm, yeah, stay out another two laps ... we have a situation in the box ... umm yeah, that would be great, ok?"

Old 04-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird2 View Post
Now that would have been interesting ...wonder what the rules interpretation as to that move would have been. could you imagine hamilton freaking out in the car and the pit crew just standing around whistling dixie with his car in the air ... or no wheels and sit him down? Meantime ... "umm, yeah, stay out another two laps ... we have a situation in the box ... umm yeah, that would be great, ok?"
I agree! Interesting for sure.

What would have happened if a Mclaren driver had come into his pit box (Button or Perez for example) and blocked because Hamilton was in his box? Mistake or not, wonder if Hamilton "should" suffer a drive through or other penalty in that instance?

Old 04-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Suspended

Speaking of McLaren, seems they've been working on their MP4-28 car issues
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/189666/...fy_issues.html

Old 04-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Suspended

Lightbulb

After quali China GP Race is set to be a "Klag Fest" w Tire degradation and fuel mileage front and center.

Webber missing Q3 due "low fuel pressure" putting him out BF end of Q2 ...interesting, and fodder for conspiracy theorists. Christian Horner, Red Bull Team Principle - who really is in charge on your team? Vettel?

Certainly drama filled entertainment within the start of this yrs season...

Old 04-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would like to see their race models. Hard tires heavy fuel then soft tires light fuel vs soft tires heavy fuel then hard tires light fuel. hmmmm going to be very interesting.
Will someone pull a shumacher and do a 4 stopper?

patrick

Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

well done

Old 04-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I accidentally started watching the DVR'd post race analysis of China this morning instead of the race. I couldn't make myself push the stop button as the show opened with lap 56/56.

Oh well, I hate when that happens, but I'll still watch the race.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Excellent race right to the end IMO. My Mrs was rooting for Hamilton to keep Vettel behind him right at the end.

Alonso and Kimi fantastic race and results also.

Will be interesting to hear what caused Webber to lose his rear wheel: Mechanical issue or Pit Crew sending him out without totally securing wheel? As pointed out could result in a one race suspension If it was crew error...as was given to Alonso in past years prior to his driving for Ferrari...

Great momentum for next weeks Bahrain race! Four Thumbs Up!

Old 04-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Suspended

Wink

FIA decision regarding potential penalties for DRS infringement of local caution "yellow" warnings during the Chinese GP:
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/189866/...ringement.html

Old 04-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
...Will be interesting to hear what caused Webber to lose his rear wheel: Mechanical issue or Pit Crew sending him out without totally securing wheel? As pointed out could result in a one race suspension If it was crew error...as was given to Alonso in past years prior to his driving for Ferrari...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Red Bull fined for unsafe release of Webber (see end of text in the above link) 5,000 euros approximately $6,561 US Dollors which is MUCH CHEAPER than the potential cost of having to sit out the next race for Webber or Red Bull when the end of year mfg points race equals tens to hundreds of millions of dollars often separated by a single point...from 1st to 2nd place.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Great race, congrats to Alonso. I always like to see the Ferrari team do well.

Did you hear the screams from the crowd when Kimi was introduced on the podium? Holy cow! Sounded like a Beatles concert for a few moments. Amazing how popular he is around the world...and who would have thought he'd be a star in China?!?

It appears that this will be the last year for Mark Webber at Red Bull. Rumors are that they will replace him at end of year. Nothing is set in stone though, as everyone assumed that Massa would be replaced at Ferrari at the end of last year, but they signed him to another contract.

This is going to be another great year!

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Yes, we too were surprised to hear the loud shout out from the stands for Kimi. Good for him, Mr. "Yeah, yeah, leave me alone - I know what to do!"

Funny, regarding Webber, I said the same to my Mrs @ time he was out of race with loss of rear wheel shortly after pit stop.
Quote:
"They'll replace him next season if this keeps up. Only thing that will save him is several wins this season."
Tire and pit strategy as designed have indeed brought back the wildcard outcome potential and excitement to this seasons F1 racing. Good to see differing winners on the podium.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
Great race, congrats to Alonso. I always like to see the Ferrari team do well.

Did you hear the screams from the crowd when Kimi was introduced on the podium? Holy cow! Sounded like a Beatles concert for a few moments. Amazing how popular he is around the world...and who would have thought he'd be a star in China?!?

It appears that this will be the last year for Mark Webber at Red Bull. Rumors are that they will replace him at end of year. Nothing is set in stone though, as everyone assumed that Massa would be replaced at Ferrari at the end of last year, but they signed him to another contract.

This is going to be another great year!
they kept massa for one year, why? Which BIG name driver contract is up at the end of this year? things that make you say hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Suspended

Wink Bahrain 2013

Bahrain program alert! Practice begins tomorrow morning, quali Saturday, with race early Sunday morning U.S.A. time.

Input your zip code on the page link below to find your local listing broadcast time and channel:
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30092015/ns/sports/