THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-23-2024, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Reassembled turbo 350 has noise in forward

Hi all,

I have a turbo 350 reseal project that went sideways on me. Long story short - when I removed the front pump to reseal it, I dislodged some of the clutches so had to get deeper into the trans than I would have preferrred.

Had a hard time getting it back together. Probably did it like 20 times, as I kept not having enough clearance to get the front pump back on. Thought I had finally got that sorted because on the "last" reassembly, when I turned the input shaft (trans vertical), I could not detect any movement of the intermediate clutch backing plate (indicating no contact between drum and plate).

Front pump went back on no problem - all seemed good.

Then I got the trans back in the car and hooked up the driveshaft. Upon turning the wheels in the forward direction, I get the noise shown in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c7-rWECLUc

Sounds like a dumb question but any chance this is normal? If its wrong, I don't really know what I could have done wrong. Thanks for your expertise!

Old 04-24-2024, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Noise is a Sprag sounding normal.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Inch Stud For This Useful Post: