Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Senior Chief

I need ask why everyone thinks the frame should be glossy? The low mileage cars and the 69 Ram Air III survivor car's frame was painted with a paint or coating that was almost flat. The heater core cover and air cleaner lid has more gloss then the firewall and the inner fenders were a tad more glossy then the firewall but not as glossy as the Ram Air lower and upper pans.

I am in the process of writing an article with pictures and my findings for the Legend.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What color would the stamp have been on a 69 PX THM 400? Some have told me yellow, green or pink?

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

yellow

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIVJUDGE
I need ask why everyone thinks the frame should be glossy? The low mileage cars and the 69 Ram Air III survivor car's frame was painted with a paint or coating that was almost flat. The heater core cover and air cleaner lid has more gloss then the firewall and the inner fenders were a tad more glossy then the firewall but not as glossy as the Ram Air lower and upper pans.

I am in the process of writing an article with pictures and my findings for the Legend.
Who knows??? They should be that crappy asphalt based paint that AO smith used... which washed off after the first rainstorm... LOL

Old 05-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEG
Can anyone tell me what letters would have been stenciled onto a Muncie M-20 transmission? 1969 car. Was it a light yellow color? Where would the stencil be on the transmission?
It should be FO and it is in yellow and on the top of the case 1" letters the stencil is on ebay. Where it is located you would not actually see it when the body is back on but it was there. Auto trans had a bigger stencil 2" letters.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIVJUDGE

For your article if you should know that the frames and under body brackets were not painted they were dipped into a black paint like dye. It is very thin and did not last long if the car went through many winters. On low mile original cars you can see the streaks and runs in the dye. The color varies from a flat to semi but not too glossy. I hear people taking about percent but it was not critical just semi. You can see the dye on core supports, bumper brackets, frames and many other parts. It gets into the corner of parts and when you blast them it is hard to get off. You know what they say " it will never rust under a run in the paint" I have also seen plenty of cars that have phosphate control arms, and many bare steel parts.

http://www.inlinetube.com/images/197...202%20(9).JPG:)

Old 05-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i do that all the time with the picture