1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 05-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up Slap shot GTO

Great site. If you look on page 4 the movie Slap shot was filmed in my hometown and that 70 GTO was my friends fathers car it was a 455 4spd that sounded mean as he** . That is the car that got me hooked on gto's. My friend Chuck and I would sit at the top of the hill almost every evening just to watch and listen to John's dad come home from work in the GTO the street was all up hill and he would really run the car and at times when he knew we were sitting there he would slide the car sideways around the corner and burn rubber up the street. Paul Newman wanted to buy the car from John at the end of the filming but John would not sell it to him. Ironically not long after he traded it in at a local dealer and we never saw the car again. Wish I could find that car and buy it. Would be a great addition in the garage with all the childhood memories.
Also the dent you see in the right front fender was put there by Newman John was not happy with that maybe the reason he didn't sell him the car?

06 GTO M6 18's red/red - 1 OF 188.
09.5 G8 GT Stryker blue met. premium with sport pkg.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

thats cool that you know a car on there personally
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatnut
Great site. If you look on page 4 the movie Slap shot was filmed in my hometown and that 70 GTO was my friends fathers car it was a 455 4spd that sounded mean as he** . That is the car that got me hooked on gto's. My friend Chuck and I would sit at the top of the hill almost every evening just to watch and listen to John's dad come home from work in the GTO the street was all up hill and he would really run the car and at times when he knew we were sitting there he would slide the car sideways around the corner and burn rubber up the street. Paul Newman wanted to buy the car from John at the end of the filming but John would not sell it to him. Ironically not long after he traded it in at a local dealer and we never saw the car again. Wish I could find that car and buy it. Would be a great addition in the garage with all the childhood memories.
Also the dent you see in the right front fender was put there by Newman John was not happy with that maybe the reason he didn't sell him the car?

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com