Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2023, 08:21 PM

Default Cracked Front Filler Panel

The front filler panel of my ’74 has cracked. I have read on this forum that this is a common problem. I see that several part suppliers including Ames have a rubber replacement filler panel available (p/n FB737LC). I also see that some quantity of NOS filler panels are also available from Ames (p/n FB737L). And, I see some mentions in older posts that a fiberglass version had been available in the past. There may have been problems with the fiberglass version not including the required mounting holes. I do not see any fiberglass panels available for sale today on the sites that I have searched.

I would appreciate any advice that you all have concerning replacement filler panels. Are all of the rubber replacement panels manufactured by the same company? Or does one part supplier have a better version than the others? Would a NOS panel be a good choice?

Thanks for any comments that you can provide.

Bob

1974 Formula 455 - Ascot Silver