Old 06-05-2022, 04:41 PM
Senior Chief

Default 66' Tri Power on 69 400 Front Alternator Strap?

Hey gang! I finally got around to bolting my Tri Power on my 69 400 this weekend. Other than waiting on a few parts to be delivered, everything went pretty good, until I realized I ordered the wrong front alternator strap, I actually ordered 2 rear straps, 4bbl and 3x2 styles. The 69' style front strap I had removed lines up, but not perfectly (see pics). My question is, would it be worth it to order the correct Tri Power front strap, or is it also going to not line up perfectly, I think it would look the opposite, the front strap would over hang the rear. Could I shorten and drill a new hole in the Tri Power front strap if there is an overhang issue? Is the overhang/misalign anything to really worry about other than cosmetic? I have to believe I'm not the first to run into this. Also, I now can not swing my alternator inward enough to replace the belt due to it hitting the fuel filter, is this normal? Are you supposed to remove the filter to remove/replace the belt?? Or do I need a longer belt?? All the pulleys and brackets are 69' with power steering, except the rear strap.. Thank you for any guidance in advance.

Johnny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220604_170317.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	592198   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220604_170403.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	592199