Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2022, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
If you use a proper thickness Holley spread bore gasket, there is rarely ever any need to
find/use reduced height nuts to go on the studs. The thin paper gaskets are basically worthless.
That slight increase in carb height rarely ever changes any hood clearance dimensions.
I guess I will have to do a Spreadbore Carb thread in the carb knowledge topic.

The carb coloring on the carb looks like a rebuild shop coloring or a poor Holley coloring.

Tom V.
Tom, do you own a '71 GTO with a ProComp intake, a 1970 Z28 Dual Snorkel air cleaner and a reproduction GlassTech hood?? Then you don't know what you're talking about in this specific case. I even had to go with the Z28 Air cleaner because the Pontiac one was too tall and didn't clear. The additional increase in carb height from the thicker gasket causes interference in this case but I'll check with first next time.

Secondly, sorry the carb coloring doesn't meet your standards. Next time I'll check with you first and make sure it's OK with you.
The carb was original coloring and only sonic cleaned. The remaining color was just fair and I airbrushed some carb tone on it. The flash really makes it look strongly colored. Perhaps you can provide some photography tips also, so that the color appears more close to natural and meets your approval.

I have no interest in your Holley tips but feel free to stroke your own ego if it makes you happy.