Old 06-27-2022, 11:50 PM

Default 1968 Pontiac Grand Prix - parts, tech and more!

Hey Guys, i have joined recently and would like to introduce myself and my car. I have a 1968 Pontiac Grand Prix. It has some cool goodies. I have the full accessories gauge cluster (no dummy lights for me) , factory 15 inch rallies (super hard to find) and mine is not a bucket seat car (oh well, right). Ive owned it for a couple years and am currently getting the upholstery done.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask a question. In regards to the interior, im wondering... is there anyway or possibility that i can use a door panel off of a different pontiac? Im not too fond of the original GP door panels. Give me a shout if you have any knowledge on this.

Thanks again for reading my post. Heres my car. Let me see yours!!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Old 06-29-2022, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That is a shiny object and a great photo!

Old 06-29-2022, 09:32 AM

Great looking car!

My guess is the door panels from a 1968 Catalina, Ventura or Bonneville two door hardtop will physically fit, but the problem is they have vent windows and the Grand Prix doesn't. As a result the door panels from those cars have a hole for the vent window crank.

For reference, there is a bunch of factory literature including a colors and interior brochure at the Old Car Manual Project website: http://oldcarbrochures.org/United%20...iac/index.html

Bench seat GPs aren't common but you do see them once in a while - I used to own a 1965 GP with a bench seat. Mine was two tone with a black painted roof (not vinyl.)

Last edited by Stuart; 06-29-2022 at 09:38 AM.