Old 10-12-2009, 02:14 PM

Default 1958 Tripower generator bracket!!!

Hey Gang,

After many years of searching, I finally managed to locate an original '58 Pontiac tri-power generator bracket for my car! As most of you know, these are rarer than hens teeth to find!! I think Rick Gonser can attest to that!!! So a friend of mine and I looked into having reproduction ones made. We took it to a shop and they made a prototype of the one we had. It turned out VERY good! They even included the imperfections of the original!!! If you’ve ever seen an original, they aren’t a very sharp, finished product and these look just like them! We took it home and it bolted right up to the manifold, water neck, and generator! They are so close in comparison, that if we were to prep, primer, and paint both of them, I’d be hard pressed to figure out which one is which!!! I’ve seen a lot of fabricated brackets over the years because people can’t find an original, but this one takes the cake!!! I even had Rollie Pederson, the ’58 Tech Advisor for POCI, look at it and he said he’s never seen one so close to an original as this one!

While searching for an original, I ran across a number of people who showed interest in having one if we could get a decent reproduction made. Well, we’re seriously considering it, but would like to know how much interest there is out there for them. The cost to reproduce them isn’t cheap. The reason is that each one requires special personalized attention to detail and precise accuracy when drilling holes, etc. It’s a very time-consuming process!

So….we’re not necessarily taking orders yet, but would like to see if there is any interest from people to have some made. I can get pictures of them within a week or so if you’d like to see what they look like. I can even send you pictures of an original if you want to compare them! LMK if you might have any interest!!!

Thanks!

Jim