SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:07 PM

Default FS: 2002 Collector Edition Trans Am Convertible

The time has come for my 4th gen to fly the coop. She has been a great and fun car, but it's time to move on.

She is #1,949 of 2,400 to be modified by ASC into the CETA configuration (1 of just 549 Convertible 6-speeds) and has just under 148k miles. She has every option you could get on a CETA (12 disc changer, Traction Control and Hurst Shifter on the 6-speed)

The 325hp/350ft-lb LS1 engine runs strong. The car comes with a Predator Diablosport tuner/code reader which really wakes the LS1 up. I put 33k miles on it in the 4.5 years I've had her and have replaced all of the typical troublesome parts. The transmission was rebuilt 4 years ago and has 30k miles on it and the clutch has 1k miles on it. I also put a new steering pump, alternator, A/C compressor and fuel pump in her. It's frustrating to have to sell after getting all the bugs worked out, but that's the way it is I guess.

Exterior is sharp with a couple blemishes on the wheels, 2 scratches on the rear bumper and small ding on the passenger rear quarter. The top was replaced 3.5 years ago and has been garaged ever since. The top operates with zero problems. The previous owner replaced the power antenna and it has lately gained a mind of its own retracting intermittently. I don't run it through the car wash, so I never really cared enough to mess with it.

Interior is clean with rubs on the bolsters as was typical of these cars. A previous owner apparently drove their dog around in it one day because the back of the pass seat is scratched with a 1" rip in the headrest and the map pocket webbing is torn (see pictures). The carpet is not original, but I will include the original carpet that was given to me when I bought the car. Looks like it could use a good cleaning then reinstall. The doors also have the typical repairable cracks at the top.

Everything on the car is stock with the exception of the Kee Audio speakers to replace the blown OEM speakers. I also added a 'skip shift eliminator' from Summit Racing which prevents the transmission from forcing you to shift from 1st to 4th under most conditions for emissions purposes. It is basically a resistor that plugs into the wiring harness that tricks the computer into thinking the transmission is complying with its direction to force the skip shift without resulting in a check engine light.

This is the most affordable CETA you will find on the market in very good condition.

I'm asking $10,500 OBO. I'm located in Tucson AZ (85748) and have a clean FL title in hand (I'm in the military which is why there's a difference in title and location states).

The following pictures and more can be seen at:

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/78Chewey/slideshow/CETA

78 Trans Am 400 Auto (Dec 06 HPP)
76 Trans Am 455/4sp w/ t-tops (1 of 110)
02 Trans Am CETA Convertible 6sp #1949
Old 11-27-2015, 08:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Clean car for the money. I betcha it sells. good luck with sale

Old 11-29-2015, 01:12 AM

Thanks, she's been a great car and I hate to see her go, but I must. So the price is now $9,500.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:36 PM

Sold.