Old 08-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep
Ron, Actually you can thank Bruce for the Imperial. I sent him an email with the Imperial and the wagon. It was his call, since I am too stupid to post a picture!
I have ALWAYS loved those Imperials. Never knew anybody that owned one. I figured if this was billed by Hitman as the virtual car show that we could not discriminate. I mean if they let Mopars and Fords (that was painful to type) run at Norwalk who am I to filter?

Ron - that Marina Turq. is an amazing color isn't it? Everybody who sees that car says, "What was the stock color?"

I will be happy to have a black one back in action whenever that is though. Nothing like it. I am going to lose the white top in favor of black though. After seeing some others done that way I have to do it.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bruce, I may have to part with the Imperial.....Just think, if you did buy it, you would really know someone real close who owned one.

The ARE really cool cars.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here are some pictures of a couple Pontiacs I used to own - a '61 Bonneville convertible and a '65 Grand Prix. The GP was a little unusual in that it had a bench seat instead of buckets, and the roof was painted instead of vinyl. Wish I still had them both....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	convertible.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	102403   Click image for larger version

Name:	grandprix1.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	102404   Click image for larger version

Name:	grandprix2.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	102405  

Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If we're also doing cars we've owned here is a couple:

The 63 black GP was an 11,000 original mile 4 speed car with some drag race history.

The 65 red 2+2 was a tripower 4 speed car.

Of course I wish I had BOTH of them back.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	63gpext.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	102419   Click image for larger version

Name:	652+2driversside.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	102420  

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 08-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi all,

Had a 62 Bonneville about 20 years ago. I've been kicking myself for selling it ever since, so I picked up this G/P this past April. She needs a lot of love and is getting it. Presently off the road awaiting a killer engine rebuild from CVMS. Hope to be driving before the end of summer though. Great rides one and all. Can't see too many pics of these killer cars!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1962_Grand_Prix_(green)_0015.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	102440   Click image for larger version

Name:	1962_Grand_Prix_(green)_0017.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	102441   Click image for larger version

Name:	1962_Grand_Prix_(green)_0018.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	102442  

Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 PM

Here's my little ole lady Cat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	102_0292a.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	102481  

Old 08-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tigercats - sweet ride, very nice, Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tigercars.

Nice Cat and and a Ventura to boot!!!!

Ron

Old 08-22-2007, 09:14 PM

Some great cars posted, i agree with the majority about that (reef?) turquoise color, it is drop dead georgeous and makes the brightwork just pop.

mviker, strange that my post and pics should follow yours...that is silverleaf green on your 62 GP isn't it? Nice to see that color all shiny and clean, you just don't see alot remaining that shade even though the color was offered for at least 2 yrs.

Viewing my pics you'll see my 63 Cat is also silverleaf green, in fact it's still the original finish(what's left of it) put there 44 yrs ago at the Southgate plant. Soon after buying this car i was really set on painting it black, but as time passed i've decided it'll be re-born wearing it's factory color as it should. Plenty of black ones out there and silverleaf will stand out as somewhat unusual at shows and events where it'll have to mix among all the black, red, and blue cars. Besides my mind is all set on next finding a 61 cat/ventura in black, and with a metallic red ventura interior i find it an irresistable combination.

I haven't posted much about anything i've done to the car in the past year since buying it, and that's because there's not alot to report. Not totally true as i had to replace the fuel sytem from carbs to gas tank. Also new battery, rebuilt/recurved distributor, points, cap, rotor, wires etc. New hoses with correct wire clamps pretty much round out what's been done underhood. For the past year i've been buying some NOS and other needed parts so i can coincentrate fully on the resto once it's started.

Mike's Wasson restored the trips, all i did was remove, clean, and repaint some of the underhood components as that tripower would've looked pretty lonely all nice and redone considering what the rest of the underhood area looked like previously. I'll include before/after pics underhood. Thanks for starting the thread, it's inspiring to see all the big cars looking so fine and helps motivate me to get mine into that same category as the rest of you guys.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ebay 011.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	102484   Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay 014.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	102485   Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay 015.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	102486   Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay 016.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	102487  

Old 08-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul, that car must have spent its life in the southwest...no way a New York car would be that clean. I'd be half tempted to leave it as is with the 'patina'.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul,

Well, I wouldn't quite say that mine is "looking so fine", but hey,.. it's a Pontiac! Your '63 looks like it's in awesome condition! The setting looks familiar as I had my last one in the store-n-lock for a few years also. I think I have the same shots of mine at the storage unit!!!!

-r-

Old 08-22-2007, 09:47 PM

And the rest. Couple nice options in that dash huh? All major components and options seen on the car, except the trips, heads, and tranny, are original to the car. The original T-10 4sp was replaced with a stronger Muncie unit, tripower and heads added for the fun factor. Still have the original heads, intake/4bbl but not the T-10.

Glad i followed my heart and bought this vs the GTO i'd waited 25 yrs to replace. I just love this car and all these big Pontiacs and it's even more enjoyable knowing the passion for the car is felt worldwide. To top it off the knowledge shared by some of you who are masters at their craft is invaluable because it's shared purely out of love for the hobby and the Pontiac spirit.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ebay 020.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	102489   Click image for larger version

Name:	My CAT 018.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	102490   Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay 023.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	102491   Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay 025.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	102492  

Old 08-22-2007, 10:03 PM

Sorry that took so long had to step away.

Stuart, you're right it was built in Southgate and sold locally. Eventually trailered up this way in 1981, it did a bit of racing but sat for most of the time. Last registered here in 89,the owner had it in a big barn the whole time, kept it running condition whole time(or said so). Then i came along. And you're about the 5th person to tell me to leave it alone and keep the patina. I have to agree it looks, i dunno, like a battle hardened warrior? i guess haven't you heard the story behind this find?

Ron, i know what that car will look like lol. I know you sold the blue one but to be honest haven't read this whole thread yet but i wanna go back and check yours out. Have you begun the fun yet? My car is in incredible condition. Still see paint on the floors under the car it's so dry. Trunk still shows all of the original red splatter paint, which i cannot seem to locate. It's a blast to drive and will be a fun and smooth restore.

Thanks for the compliments.
Paul

Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63HO3x2Cat421

Stuart, you're right it was built in Southgate and sold locally. Eventually trailered up this way in 1981, it did a bit of racing but sat for most of the time. Last registered here in 89,the owner had it in a big barn the whole time, kept it running condition whole time(or said so). Then i came along. And you're about the 5th person to tell me to leave it alone and keep the patina. I have to agree it looks, i dunno, like a battle hardened warrior? i guess haven't you heard the story behind this find?
Paul
Now, I just said I'd think about leaving it alone... On the other hand, it should be a nice car to restore and it will look killer when it's done.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:24 PM

63 ho, i'd leave that old girl alone and just drive her. the patina just adds to her appeal, imo.

after i get our new camera set up and figured out i'll post a pics of the queen of patina, my 65 g/p with her rally 2's on. the rest of hers not changed much as i've been too busy driving her to do anything that amounts to much.

mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63HO3x2Cat421

Ron, i know what that car will look like lol. I know you sold the blue one but to be honest haven't read this whole thread yet but i wanna go back and check yours out. Have you begun the fun yet? My car is in incredible condition. Still see paint on the floors under the car it's so dry. Trunk still shows all of the original red splatter paint, which i cannot seem to locate. It's a blast to drive and will be a fun and smooth restore.

Thanks for the compliments.
Paul

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 08-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Paul!

Yeppers, The car was originally silverleaf green, but it was repainted before I bought the car. I think the folks I got it from said it's now seafoam green. Maybe that's the closest match, but that color is what caught my eye. I agree, there are many cars out there that look great in black. Lots in red and blue too. My old Bonneville was blue and that tri-color interior is what really caught me back then, but my G/P just really "stuck" when I saw it and I knew it was the car I was looking for.

Great shots under the hood. looks like you're making good progress taking care of your baby. Hope to see her soon when you've got all the parts you're gathering put on and that patina is replaced with new color! She'll be a beaut!

Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like that 63. He is running the same caps I have. Reminds me a car that se428bandit put me on to. The car sits off Sylvan road just north of the airport. It too is a 63 HO car. Eight lugs and all. The guy will not sell it. It sits amongst a avanti and some sort of 70's merc I think. It sits up near the house so I bet nothing is missing off of it. I knocked on the door but no answer. Was kind of scared if the guy answered. Just another one rotting away.

Hey Mike, I took the trim rings off and have left it that way since last week. Now I have to touch up where the rings scratched the paint. I just may leave it that way. I like the flash of the trim rings but I change my mind on wheels like Kerry/Roberts flip flopped on the war. I still am going to get the steel wheels and paint them white and wrap some redlines around them but I dont know if I should just get the right ones for my wheels or get a set of wheels and clips and use the caps I have. I like the looks of these over the right ones for the car. I guess I have other things to worry about.

Keep it up guys, I know we have more big 'uns out there.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 08-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul,

If it is OK, I might hit you up later for a few Pics of your D/S interior shifter area. I am going to do my '63 wagon, which has a similar interior, as a bench/4 speed car. Would like to get it right the first time. Same story on my car as yours with the intact condition. Hard to mess with a car like that. I love the subtle muscle of yours. I have probably added too much to mine already, but I like some options.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 08-24-2007, 09:42 AM

Thanks to all for the the encouraging words and compliments.

Deadhead, This car was ordered with 20+ options, actually 25 in total but 5 or 6 of them are for different lamps. Price before otions was $2,859, after atllying up the extras she stickered at $4,056. Pretty high considering no AC or 8 lugs. The only "power" option selected was power brakes. I'm just trying to keep it looking like it was when born, including eventually narrow whitewall tires with those caps, i might consider red lines though. Of course a factory tach to go along with the guage cluster is a must if i can find the right one.

Also deadhead, no problem taking any pics you want just let me know exactly what you need and an email address and we'll get em right out to you. BTW, What's D/S stand for?

Paul

Old 08-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep
Bruce,
Thanks for doing what I can not.

Now, what does everyone think of the white accessory steering wheel on the 60? I have been getting a lot of "I don't like it" from people. It was a very rare option for 1960 and it was NOS.
Steve, is this another 60 Pontiac with the "white wheel" option from the factory? Saw it on e-bay today.