67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 03-01-2024, 04:35 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1-Piece Front to Rear Brake lIne

Any pointers from those that have done it?

I will need to unbolt the rearmost sub-frame connector point (front is welded). Otherwise I think it should go smoothly based on the web pictures. Awaiting it's arrival now.

PS: The bend over the front sub-frame under the master cylinder looks like the first section to snake through............ and the rest should "nest" well.

71 Firebird
69 Firebird
Old 03-01-2024, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

You already have subframe connectors installed? Are you going with the OE sized line or a 3/16" line?

I have subframe connectors installed and it makes getting the line as it crosses from the outside of the front subframe inwards towards the center of the car a MAJOR pain. I went with a smaller 3/16" line since I use disc brakes in the back. That made things a bit easier to work with. In my case because my subframe connectors double as the leaf spring supports I wasn't able to gain any clearance there. It requires me to snake everything through that passage at the back first, then through the firewall up to the master. I had to unbend and rebend several sections of line as a result.

From factory line out, to replacement line in took me about 3 hours with the car on my lift. Without a lift it's going to be pretty difficult unless you can gain a good amount of clearance from the subframe connector.

Old 03-01-2024, 10:25 PM
Senior Chief

Yes, frame connectors have been in a long time now. It looks like I can "drop" the rear half some to snake it between the floor pan.

Yes, 1/4" stock size line. Manual disc/drum setup.

I run a rear coilover, ladder bar setup. It looks to be a PITA but we'll see. I can see the need for unbending/rebending probably, as you said.

The line finally got rusty internally and clogged after 55 years.

71 Firebird
69 Firebird