67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 03-04-2024, 04:54 PM

Default 69 Firebird Headlight SW - it's the simplest things that trip you up!!

Finally I am in the home stretch on this massive project creep on my 69 TA heater core replacement and of course hit another snag last night...The Headlight switch mounting through the IP isn't exactly lining up with the opening in the bezel.

I think I have a solution today but in the course of trying to "fix" the problem last night, I removed the switch multiple times and now I cannot be certain which direction the bezel nut installs properly... The thumbnails are of the assembly manual showing this bezel nut as item 8 and the pic of it shows one side longer than the other with the shorter side having spanner grooves in it..

Question is do the spanner grooves (slots) on the shorter side face out toward the Dash panel or inward to the light switch itself?

I got in a hurry and forgot to document it last night before multiple times of removal and reinstallation.

Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1000004038.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	629832   Click image for larger version

Name:	1000004040.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	629833  
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2024, 04:57 PM

Here is a picture of my light switch installed in the dash
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3958.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	629918  

The Following User Says Thank You to 6769fb87gn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2024, 06:30 PM

Perfect! Thanks for sharing the photo.. The Notched portion is visible facing out... that's what I thought, but it was also shorter than the opposite... and with it not protruding enough to catch the "lights" bezel and nut, I started to doubt myself!

Thanks again for clearing that up