Old 05-25-2022, 06:14 AM

Default 66 GTO Convertible Tri-Power up for Auction June 25,2022

https://live.teelauctions.com/auctio...ction-and-show

My friend and I looked at this car a few weeks ago. It has had a restoration, trunk floors and interior floors replaced and it was repainted. We were not sure the paint color is a match for the original red. It does have the correct code for a Tri power automatic block though. We did not check the vin number against the vin on the block so we do not know if it is a numbers matching car. The car is supposed to have come from a collection in Utah along with all the other cars going up for auction. No PHS. The mechanic on site is very familiar with Pontiacs, so he may be able to help with questions about the car.

Mark

Old 06-02-2022, 06:50 AM

Bump

Old 06-02-2022, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgapLeMans View Post
https://live.teelauctions.com/auctio...ction-and-show

My friend and I looked at this car a few weeks ago. It has had a restoration, trunk floors and interior floors replaced and it was repainted. We were not sure the paint color is a match for the original red. It does have the correct code for a Tri power automatic block though. We did not check the vin number against the vin on the block so we do not know if it is a numbers matching car. The car is supposed to have come from a collection in Utah along with all the other cars going up for auction. No PHS. The mechanic on site is very familiar with Pontiacs, so he may be able to help with questions about the car.

Mark
66's don't have a VIN on the block.

Old 06-02-2022, 08:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That car has a few issues. I love "restored" cars that get paint all over the weatherstripping. Door panels aren't correct, emblem on trunk lid isn't straight, data plate looks like it was removed and put back on, dash is supposed to be black and not body color, wrong wheels. Probably a nice driver.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:10 AM

I did not know about the Vin number not on the blocks of 66's, good thing we did not look for it. I agree with Mr. GTO as the car as a nice driver only, we looked at the car hoping for more, but it just is not there.

Any guesses what anyone thinks it will bring when it is auctioned?

Thanks, Mark

Old 06-24-2022, 08:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

66's didn't have the VIN stamped on the block but they did have the EUN # (near the two letter engine code). If the car still has it's original Protect-o Plate, which contained the EUN, the engine can be matched that way.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 06-25-2022, 06:05 AM

I just checked the auction site, the GTO is now at $25,000.00 with live bidding starting at 1:00 this afternoon.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:38 PM

I just got back from the auction, The GTO sold for $40,500.00 on the internet.
Wow

Mark