Old 08-25-2022, 11:02 AM

Default Steering gear

I am looking for a replacement o-ring for the large end plug on my Saginaw 800 power steering gear. Seems I have to purchase the complete seal kit to get just the o-ring. Any suggestions where I can get the o-ring?

Old 08-25-2022, 11:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If you are near a big town or city, I'd check out a hydraulic shop/supplier. These places make hydraulic hoses, rebuild rams, etc. They usually also distribute anything seal related for machinery. The ones I've been to in New England have a walk-in counter and are happy to sell a 2 dollar part.

Or, online, there is McMaster Carr. They do sell large diameter o-rings. Might have to buy a "pack" of several though.

Good luck. I had to replace my end cap o-ring in the 90's....It started to leak suddenly. Upon removal of the cap it was obvious the factory worker had put it in with a big ugly twist....it sealed for 25 years but ultimately failed.

Old 08-25-2022, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seal kit online for an 800 steering gear for $20:

https://www.bestpartsonline.com/powe...ll-piston.html

I guess it depends on how much you feel your time is worth trying to track down the single part.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated