Old 08-23-2022, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Finally got the old girl back on the road

Nice to be driving again. The engine is still marginal. Can’t wait to replace it. The 200r4 was a great addition. The car feels way more responsive. Even with the Highway rear end gear and crappy engine. We’ll likely change that rear end to something numerically higher now.
So the quest is on for a proper engine for this thing. I never thought that it would be so challenging.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	236FCC6F-7BD9-4BF0-B30A-BEDE0B789148.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	597100  

The Following User Says Thank You to 66sprint6 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 12:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice car

Old 08-30-2022, 01:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

I can't keep up, is the 400 still in it??

Glad for you, it's on the road again!!!
Waaay nice car!!!
M ore pictures!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 08-30-2022, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, the 400. We call it Old Lumpy. A bit of a ordeal. I pulled the 400, and put in a 326 engine that came with my other project. I ran that 326 engine on a stand and it seemed OK, so I put that in the car. Well, it turned out to be a dog. Not sure what it is. Maybe too aggressive of a cam or something. It had little vacuum and didn't want to idle below 1000 RPM. So I put the old 400 back in after switching out the cam. That helped a little but not much. It's just a tired old motor. So Old Lumpy is now New Lumpy. We'll find another motor soon enough. Until then, we're happy just to drive the car for the rest of the season. I did get the air conditioning system back together and the factory cruise control is almost together, so I'm pretty happy about that as well.
I still have the round port engine sitting in the garage. As mentioned in another thread we're thinking if selling it, but we don't need to. So we'll see. It's not going in this car, though.