Old 09-11-2022, 08:37 AM

Default Battery for my 1965 GTO Tripower

Need some battery advice. I bought my GTO in 2014 and it came with a brand new AC Delco Professional battery with the following specs: 600 CCA 110 RC. 24PS.
The GTO is not a daily driver so it sometimes sits for a long period of time, but this AC Delco has been great for 8 years and I would like to get the same one - but I can’t find it anywhere. Anyone know where I might get one? If not, any suggestions on a replacement battery are welcome (black battery only).
Thanks

Old 09-11-2022, 10:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

AC Delco Professional batteries are readily available at Menards. If you have Menards in your area.

Old 09-11-2022, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the response Rich - unfortunately there are no Menard’s in my area here in NJ

Old 09-11-2022, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

AC Delco batteries are the easiest batteries in the country to find.

Any GM dealer will have them.

Most ACDelco Professional Service Center stock them and if they don't, they can get them. link to locator: https://www.acdelco.com/auto-service-repair

Many repair shops stock them and if they don't, they can get them.

Before retirement, I was a Territory Manager for an ACDelco Warehouse Distributor based out of Spencer, IA. I sold to new and used car dealers, independent repair shops and fleets in Northern IA and Southern MN. We had 13 stores between MN and IA where individuals could come and buy parts, but we focused on the professional users. I used to travel about 1,000 miles per week and had a $2.5 million dollar book of business. I had independent repair shops in towns of 500 people that stocked ACDelco batteries.

I'm not sure who the WD is in your neck of the woods, but there is one that provides parts to the GM dealers, fleets and independent repair shops in your area.