Old 02-21-2021, 05:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Flashflood Send a message via MSN to Flashflood Send a message via Yahoo to Flashflood
Default Trannie bolts

Where are the location of the trannie bolts that bolt up to the engine on a 350 olds

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

Old 02-22-2021, 05:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Should be 6 of them where the bellhousing of the transmission meets the block. They can be tough to get to. If coming from underneath the car, a pair of 12" extensions with a swivel socket on the end makes it easier to get the middle ones. Top ones can begotten from under the hood. Have box end wrenches handy too. Don't forget the torque convertor to flexplate bolts.

Old 02-23-2021, 03:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Flashflood Send a message via MSN to Flashflood Send a message via Yahoo to Flashflood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
Should be 6 of them where the bellhousing of the transmission meets the block. They can be tough to get to. If coming from underneath the car, a pair of 12" extensions with a swivel socket on the end makes it easier to get the middle ones. Top ones can begotten from under the hood. Have box end wrenches handy too. Don't forget the torque convertor to flexplate bolts.
Got any pics by chance? I found my lowers I think because there's one right by the gear select stick and the other by the oil filter tops are easy just need to find the right size wrench

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

Old 02-23-2021, 07:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The 2 upper are behind the distributer, and the middle ones are between the lower and upper. They should be 9/16.

Old 02-24-2021, 01:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't have any pics but if you google "BOP bellhousing" it should give you an idea on where to look for them. If all else fails, follow the edge of the bellhousing where it meets the engine block and you'll eventually see/feel them.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:44 PM
Suspended

I think Googling anything was bypassed in the hope someone else would do the work.

Old 02-28-2021, 03:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
I think Googling anything was bypassed in the hope someone else would do the work.
Pretty much.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:38 AM

Hey, sorry to bump an old thread but I'm having trouble with bolt sizes one of my middles, and one of lowers are set deeply in the bellhousing, I think 13mm but the other bolts 7/16s any ideas is this normal?

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Old 07-13-2021, 09:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

They should be 3/8" bolts, the head can be different than the typical 9/16 depending on the type or fastener. They should not be metric.

The Following User Says Thank You to cdrookie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrookie View Post
They should be 3/8" bolts, the head can be different than the typical 9/16 depending on the type or fastener. They should not be metric.
Thanks I'll take a look when I can

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk