Old 09-19-2022, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Finally some good news from SMS

I ordered these in March 2020 - just shy of the 2.5 year mark on these.
Been getting run-around BS from them since April or May of this year - I finally became the squeakiest wheel I guess.
He says they had to adapt the bench pattern to buckets but I think the ventura option could have had buckets and this same pattern? I don't really know but I'm just glad these are done and I'll be able to get them installed soon.
Im not going to DIY the install - tried that on my GTO and wasn't happy with the results vs effort required. What do you folks pay to have upholstery installed?
At the one year mark on my door panel order but I don't expect those any time soon.
Early 60s interiors sure had a lot of pizzazz that later years lack.

Untitled by JL Clark, on Flickr

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webfoot For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2022, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Beautiful!

Old 09-20-2022, 10:03 AM
Senior Chief

Those seats are gonna be sharp! I gave my upholstery guy the new upholstery seat covers for my buckets and the foam kits and he removed the old seat upholstery and installed the new stuff for $250 per bucket.

Old 09-20-2022, 10:19 AM

There's a picture in the 1962 brochure of a Ventura interior, with a bench seat. It looks different than the Catalina pattern: http://oldcarbrochures.org/United%20...ige-14-15.html