WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Wheels/Tires

04-06 Wheels/Tires Stay stock or go custom?

Old 01-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I got some 19" wheels yesterday for my Goat. Here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewWheels1.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	6678  
1964 Pontiac GTO, Tri-Power, 4 Speed, Grenadier Red/Black Interior
1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383/727TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red/Red Interior/White Top
Old 01-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I got some 19" wheels yesterday for my Goat. Here are the pics:
1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383/727TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red/Red Interior/White Top
Old 01-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pic 2:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NewWheels2.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	8881  
Old 01-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Last one:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NewWheels3.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	11075  
Old 01-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not doing it for me but if you like it that is all that matters.

I like the wheels AP Performance(?) has on their car. Those look like old Hurst Rims.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
Not doing it for me but if you like it that is all that matters.

I like the wheels AP Performance(?) has on their car. Those look like old Hurst Rims. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See people: That is what I've been saying. It wouldn't really take much to get these cars to stand out: Dump the spoiler, have some factory colored calipers, install some HRE type rims, 400 hp, Cyclone Grey and you've got one sweet ride. Here's an 04 with some wheels I like. It would look really good with some 05 calipers and no spoiler.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	04_00024_2.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	15526  
Old 01-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For me its between the 04 Monaro wheels and these...
Old 01-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by humbler:
For me its between the 04 Monaro wheels and these...http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachm...tid=5944&stc=1 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't be serious! It's those girly-man wheels from Pontiac and sissy spoiler that make this car as butt ugly as it is....replace and remove those and you've got a sleek looking respectable ride.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Neither of which I mentioned are from Pontiac and I do like the car w/o the wing as well.

What are you driving daily again?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by humbler:
Neither of which I mentioned are from Pontiac and I do like the car w/o the wing as well.

&gt;&gt;&gt; I didn't say yourwheeels were from Pontiac, but they do look similar. Again, it's a matter of choice.

What are you driving daily again? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
&gt;&gt;&gt; '95 740i / '98 C5 Convertible Vette / and this summer my old Red 70 Goat. I don't drive it much at all due to it's a manual and I've got sciatica in my right leg. Hurts like hell after a couple of hours driving a stick. Regardless, I see little what my daily driver or yours has to do with anything. It's a fact the 2004 GM Monaro is a worthy Musclecar in every way, I just think it makes a lousy GTO. Throw some manlier wheels on that Barbados Blue Beauty of yours, meatier tires and dump the spoiler. You'll be glad you did.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, you did say Pontiac and I just wanted to clear that up. I like the Monaro wheels better than my Pontiac wheels.

My daily driver you are calling butt ugly. I'd say that question applies.

How would I be glad putting on wheels that I don't like?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes, you did say Pontiac and I just wanted to clear that up.

&gt;&gt;&gt; I did say Pontiac but I clearly did not reference your wheels. They do look similar to Pontiacs' which was my point.

&gt;&gt;&gt; Ok' I'll give you that one. Again though, my reference was to how these cars looked with the stock wheels and spoiler. I clearly did not call yourdaily driver butt ugly.

How would I be glad putting on wheels that I don't like? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

&gt;&gt;&gt; How would you know unless you saw them on there? You might be surprised at how much it would improve the appearance, just as many others are finding that out when removing the spoiler.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:

&gt;&gt;&gt; I did say Pontiac but I clearly did not reference your wheels. They do look similar to Pontiacs' which was my point.

&gt;&gt;&gt; Ok' I'll give you that one. Again though, my reference was to how these cars looked with the stock wheels and spoiler. I clearly did not call _your_daily driver butt ugly.

&gt;&gt;&gt; How would you know unless you saw them on there? You might be surprised at how much it would improve the appearance, just as many others are finding that out when removing the spoiler. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa, serious semantics, here!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by humbler:

&gt;&gt;&gt; Ok' I'll give you that one. Again though, my reference was to how these cars looked with the stock wheels and spoiler. I clearly did not call _your_daily driver butt ugly.

&gt;&gt;&gt; How would you know unless you saw them on there? You might be surprised at how much it would improve the appearance, just as many others are finding that out when removing the spoiler. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, you thought you were wrong once, but you were mistaken, right!?
Old 01-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy W:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by humbler:

I know, you thought you were wrong once, but you were mistaken, right!? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you can deduct from that what you want, I just thought those wheels looked awfully close to stock and I don't really care for the stock wheels at all. I don't why people go out and spend good $ on something that looks very similar to the original.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't why people go out and spend good $ on something that looks very similar to the original. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do people buy Fords? Lifes little questions!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:00 PM

This is the kind of wheel I would like to see available for the GTO.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	p16971.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	15785  
Old 01-24-2005, 06:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is what I deemed Holden's version of the Rally III...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	v2-cv8-r-h.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	6500  
Old 02-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Senior Chief

Throw some manlier wheels on that Barbados Blue Beauty of yours, meatier tires and dump the spoiler. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By quoting humbler I assume you were refering to the blue GTO picture that he posted, which is Impulse, not Barbados. If you were refering to rexus31's pics, since he named the thread "...my '05 Goat" and Pontiac is not offering Barbados in '05, I am not sure what to think. Something is not quite right somewhere. Maybe rexus31 can set me right on the color of his car because unless the color is off on my monitor his isn't Barbados either. If it is Barbados then it shouldn't be an '05.

Anyway, I like many different wheels I have seen on the new GTOs but I also like the easy maintenance of my factory wheels.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rabon:
Throw some manlier wheels on that Barbados Blue Beauty of yours, meatier tires and dump the spoiler. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By quoting humbler I assume you were refering to the blue GTO picture that he posted, which is Impulse, not Barbados. If you were refering to rexus31's pics, since he named the thread "...my '05 Goat" and Pontiac is not offering Barbados in '05, I am not sure what to think. Something is not quite right somewhere. Maybe rexus31 can set me right on the color of his car because unless the color is off on my monitor his isn't Barbados either. If it is Barbados then it shouldn't be an '05.

Anyway, I like many different wheels I have seen on the new GTOs but I also like the easy maintenance of my factory wheels. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW rexus31: I am guessing yours is a Cyclone Gray '05. The color is very nice but a little more to the teal hint than I thought it would be.