Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2023, 05:29 PM

Default 64 GTO Convertible door glass seals

Finishing up complete frame off 64 GTO Convertible for a buddy. 455/Tri-Power/4 speed Super T10, all new UMI 2" lowered suspension, Vintage Air, Nu Relics power windows, the list goes on. Here's my issue. After reinstalling the glass with new parts, the door glass will not roll all the way up. I did a little tweaking and backed off the pinch screw by the vent window and got the Driver glass to co-operate, not so with the Passenger side unless I remove the inner glass door to glass seal. I have adjusted everything 6 ways to Sunday and tried tweaking the inner lip to try and allow more space, no good. Even with the pinch screw loose I cannot get the glass to go up the last needed 3/8" or so with the seal in place. Anyone have a cure? The strips are Repops and also had another brand, they appear the same. I'm thinking of paring them down to just what it needed and with the window up use bonding adhesive to keep them in place. Not sure if that's a viable fix. Thanks if anyone has a solution.