Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 AM

Default 70 FUNCTIONAL SHAKER SCOOP DOOR FRAME

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GET THE FRAME PART THAT THE SHAKER DOOR HOOKS TO? THE SCOOP I HAVE IS MISSING THE ENTIRE PIECE. THANKS

Old 09-29-2009, 12:58 AM

I have not tried these, but you may be able to get their frame to work. The price is right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trans...Q5fAccessories

Old 09-30-2009, 04:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Original parts (door) will not mount to that frame. Original T bar will not work with thier door. It is a starting point and if you are any good at fabrication you should be able to make it work. If it is a shaker that is non original I would just use thier whole kit, if originality is a issue than get out your fabrication skills and go at it.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 PM

Norwood, I agree with you on that it doesn't look original at all from the backside, and plastic door to boot. PY and Ames used to sell kits that looked pretty original, with original type metal door but no more for a long time now. I ended up buying one from a fellow PYer here a year back or so for one darn hefty price (and glad to get it) for my 70 T/A scoop, and I've never seen another one offered for sale.

4 speed, another option I considered was to prowl Ebay for the 74 GTO scoop. The scoop won't fit a Firebird, but they are usually cheaper, and you may be able to work the door frame out of it to put in your T/A scoop. The flapper door frame is the same, and Mr Norwood here sells correct repro metal doors, and all the other goodies to hook it up!