Tri-Power Tech 57-66 Tri-Power Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2022, 10:20 PM

Default Bought a tripower... Please help me figure out what I have here

I bought this tripower setup. (See pictures below) It's definitely a 1966 intake manifold. I'm not sure what the carbs are because the tags are all missing. Does anyone know if there is anything I can measure to determine what CFM the carbs are and if they are correct?

The center carb was opened up and I think some parts inside are missing. The needle and seat, float, accelerator pump plunger and such are there, but I think the accelerator pump discharge nozzles are gone. I ordered an inexpensive used Rochester barrel (that should be for a mid 60's Pontiac) to dissect and scavenge for parts. I know I'm missing the choke pull-off and some other external stuff too. Hopefully I'll be able to scavenge at least part of what is missing from that carburetor.

Also, does anybody know what this linkage is? (Again, see below...) From what I've seen the stock mechanical linkage lets the center carb open most of the way, and only opens the end carbs near WOT. This linkage looks like it opens all of them equally... I this some hillbilly stuff or an all-out race linkage?

I'm thinking for starters I'll need to order the carb rebuild kits, fuel lines, filters, brackets, and mechanical linkage kit. The water neck appears to be incorrect so I guess I'll need one of those too. What else am I missing?

1973 Grand Prix SJ (currently doing a rolling restoration)

Trying to find that "sweet spot" between Roadkill and Concours d'Elegance