Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 T/A View Post
I've never paid for the extended warranty but then I never bought a vehicle for over $20K either. For $60K, you HAVE to get the extended warranty expecially when you're going to have the vehicle for a few years.
I NEVER buy extended warranties.....first they dont usually cover what you need covered , then the cost is such that unless things break immidiately , you save money enough by not buying it that you can pay for whatever breaks yourself....
remember , we used to sell extended warranties, lots of profits in those!

http://FirstGenFirebird.org/show/closeup.mv?CarID=221

breathe and enjoy it , life is temporary

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 07-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Re Dodge Rams, I saw one the other day with a bumpersticker:
If you can`t DODGE it , RAM it!

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 07-24-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
\ok, if you dont know what Im` talking about, let me make it more clear....
I was talking about dealers fudging...I dont care if its on new cars, used cars , parts ,warranty or service....unethical dealers period.
Wowzers, fudging a couple hundred miles on some paperwork to get a guy some work done on his car under warranty is not even close to a dealer marking a car as "sold" and taking the rebate for himself and burning the warranty. Plus it may make the dealer a sale in the future. That is good business practice in my opinion.

So what you are saying is if by chance you took a auto to the dealer and you were 400ish miles over your warranty and blew a head gasket and the service manager said "we may be able to sneak that in under the warranty" you would not do it and say "no sir that is unethical I want to pay full price !"?

Or would you happily take the fix for free and check his lot next time you were in the market for a new auto? I know what I would do.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGTO View Post
Wowzers, fudging a couple hundred miles on some paperwork to get a guy some work done on his car under warranty is not even close to a dealer marking a car as "sold" and taking the rebate for himself and burning the warranty. Plus it may make the dealer a sale in the future. That is good business practice in my opinion.

So what you are saying is if by chance you took a auto to the dealer and you were 400ish miles over your warranty and blew a head gasket and the service manager said "we may be able to sneak that in under the warranty" you would not do it and say "no sir that is unethical I want to pay full price !"?

Or would you happily take the fix for free and check his lot next time you were in the market for a new auto? I know what I would do.
so , where do you draw the line? a few hundred miles? a couple of thousand? 10, s thousands? or the warranty period?

Having been in court for refusing warranty service on a car a customer tried to cheat thru the system, I do know the answer to that question.

Also, do you know that IF you provide warranty outside the warranty period you have by law extended that warranty on that vehicle for 'life time'!??

may cost you quite a bit!

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 07-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Leasing vehicles isn't a good idea to begin with.
Now you've considered rolling back the doggoned odometer because it could save you a few bucks?

I agree with other comments here, this is immoral and illegal. Would you teach kids this way of dealing with life ? I sure hope not !

You should have considered all of these things a long time ago, IMHO, you need to plan better so that you don't get yourself in trouble.

I have never owned a new vehicle in my life, I've never leased one either. Why?
Kind of expensive and I think that older vehicles are better.

Why not get a reliable older vehicle that you can work on if it breaks down?
Nothing wrong with an old GM or Ford or other type of pickup

501 HP, 554 ft lbs TQ
12.14 ET @ 114 MPH , Supercase Muncie M22, 3:55
Suspension: HO Racing, BMR< Sykorat, and Bilsteins
Narrowed 12 bolt , 16x8 VintageWheel Works,
Comp T/As on street, MT Drag Radials @ Strip

http://www.sdperformance.com/custome...1.php?carID=42
Old 07-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Being silly:

If I'm not mistaken, the turbo on a diesel is part of the drivetrain and the drivetrain is covered for 100,000 miles. You nedd to contact your district manager for Chrysler where you live and tell him about the situation. If you did turn the miles back, which is ILLEGAL and WRONG they are going to catch that when they hook up a computer to your ECM. If you cantact the rep, you can probably get something resolved fairly amicably. If you think your vehicle was a POS, you should have complained about the peoblems that it was giving you when they were happening. The person who buys the truck when you turn it in, has the option of buying an extended warranty for it, so no matter what the Mileage is you shouldn't worry about that and just be honest and pay your over mile fee. If you run a carfax on your vehicle, it's gonna look weird that when you took it in for service your miles were less later on down the road when it was turned in!!! DO THE RIGHT THING!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Senior Chief

All i can say is this is one way to really ruin your reputation, especially on this site, I cant think of anyone who would want any dealings with you period. The thought that youre trying to justify this?. Its your truck , you drive it and you knew the mileage limitations, Grow up and deal with it like an adult, instead of the criminal your portraying yourself as. What you are wanting to do is WRONG, PERIOD.

1970 GTO Pepper Green 400 YS auto Factory A/C 56K orig miles
Old 07-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If the thread starter is serious, and I think he is, he has shown his true colors. For this I am thankful. I fully support the right guaranteed by the first amendment to freedom of speech. Freedom of speech, however, does nothing to prevent one from saying asinine things. I'm pleased to see him taking full advantage of his right on this accord.

Things that I learned about this poster:
  • Principle will be sacrificed if the outcome is advantageous the him
  • Respect for the rule of law does not exist
  • Respect for himself, in posting this drivel, is lacking
  • Respect for his fellow man takes a back seat to getting something for himself
  • Cheating others does not warrant a second thought
  • Never underestimate one's ability to rationalize

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 07-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
which dealers? name some....
There's always that buddy of the dealership owner or a high profile regular customer that buys a lot of vehicles for his construction company or ranch or whatever that has a problem just after warranty...

There's also a little known policy where a dealer can do some repairs on warranty when a vehicle is just out of warranty. Usually at the dealer's discretion using such guidelines of whether they will continue to be a customer of that particular brand, whether they are a regular service customer of the company, etc.

Usually only the buddies, big money customers, and people who throw a raging fit are actually considered for this policy.

Warranty pays only a fraction of what customer pay goes for.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Can we really be surprised by the lackadaisical attitude of the OP to the prospect of committing fraud when we live in an age that prides itself on calling good evil and evil good? I think not! This thread was started under the false premise that we would be in solidarity with his deceptive plans. I'm glad he was wrong.

Character can be defined as doing the right thing even when no one is looking.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 07-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Senior Chief

When I worked for a local pontiac/gmc dealer,the service manager had the discrection to do warranty work on cars/trucks that were out.It was not uncommon to see cars with 40-50k miles get free work done.They are now a cadillac dealer also ,now they are covering tires under warranty,saying its an alignment issue. New tires and free alignment at 20k miles.
Craig

Old 07-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
A drill only goes 60 MPH, not sure how I know that.
I had my drill way over 100 before, LOL.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Judge View Post
Leasing vehicles isn't a good idea to begin with.
Now you've considered rolling back the doggoned odometer because it could save you a few bucks?

I agree with other comments here, this is immoral and illegal. Would you teach kids this way of dealing with life ? I sure hope not !

You should have considered all of these things a long time ago, IMHO, you need to plan better so that you don't get yourself in trouble.

I have never owned a new vehicle in my life, I've never leased one either. Why?
Kind of expensive and I think that older vehicles are better.

Why not get a reliable older vehicle that you can work on if it breaks down?
Nothing wrong with an old GM or Ford or other type of pickup
Old cars are better and that's what you should have bought.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm still trying to figure out how the thread starter thinks a warrranty about to run out is so much better than one that just ran out?

Kudos to my fellow PY members for taking the high road with this one.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pay the bill. You knew the terms when you signed the lease....eyes wide open Mac....you probably would be the first guy the complain when you take one up the shoot.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

vanman1,
The first thing that jumps out at me about this is that you seems to think that 'helping' the next guy makes it OK....but what's overlooked is that the company is getting screwed because you don't want to honor an agreement that you made with them.
Post #7 gives me the impression that you own your own business. Think about this...To your customers YOU are "the company".
Is it OK if they screw you and rationalize it by saying it helps the next customer?

Old 07-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I own a used car lot of only LOW mileage vehicles.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamman1 View Post
at least two implications can be drawn from vamman's last post:#1:A (poor)attempt at humor,and #2:if he is continuing to be serious,after numerous people here have tried to illustrate to him the error of his ways,he is,at this point,beyond reform.Maybe he'll decide to become ethical at some point,but who knows?But at the of your chosen carrer,no matter how much(or little)money you've made,if you didn't have ethics,what do you really have?I know for the most past here on this forum that I'm preaching to the choir,I'm very thankful for that.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJUNTOM View Post
There's always that buddy of the dealership owner or a high profile regular customer that buys a lot of vehicles for his construction company or ranch or whatever that has a problem just after warranty...

There's also a little known policy where a dealer can do some repairs on warranty when a vehicle is just out of warranty. Usually at the dealer's discretion using such guidelines of whether they will continue to be a customer of that particular brand, whether they are a regular service customer of the company, etc.

Usually only the buddies, big money customers, and people who throw a raging fit are actually considered for this policy.

Warranty pays only a fraction of what customer pay goes for.
You seem not to know or have frgotten , that I was a dealer...I dont agree with any of those statements...
but I can tell you that if you warranty a car AFTER expoired warranty , by law you have now given that car and customer LIFETIME warranty by your company! ask any lawyer.
So, even if its just a tiny deal, dont do it!It can get VERY expensive....

thios "policy" as you call it ,does not exist, but maybe some dealers are stup[id enough to do it....maybe they dont know better, but if so, it does not make it right.

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 07-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamman1 View Post
sounds like very reputable businness.....

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6