Old 12-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via MSN to lugnutt
Default 2000 Grand prix, water in drivers floor

After a rain I notice there is water in the floorboard on the drivers side floor. Has any body else run into this issue?

Old 12-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Senior Chief

Dont drive in the rain. LOL. Do you have a sunroof, if so the drain may be unhooked or plugged so it cant run out of the car . It ends near the lower door hinge if I remember right, a slow garden hose over the glass may help you find it . Windshields like to leak also.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:01 PM

I would either check the sunroof as was mentioned before, otherwise I have seen on some grand prix's that the front windshield seal will actually leak which actually happened to a student's 2000 silver 2 door grand prix gt this semester. He thought it was his sunroof too and he kept checking it until he finally checked his windhield with a water hose. Otherwise you can also check your ac drain on your firewall as these will oftentimes plug up and leak back into the car but this would smell mustyish-but that doesn't happen very often this time of year obviously. Good luck!

2001 Grand Am GT
------------------------------------------
2007 Grand Prix GXP (loaded) - SOLD March 2014
1997 Formula - SOLD August 2013
1997 Grand Prix GTP Coupe -SOLD April 2011
1984 Firebird 350 -SOLD June 2003
1975 Trans Am 455 4spd - SOLD 2/13/14
1974 LeMans GT (RIP)
1966 LeMans -SOLD December 2008
Old 12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via MSN to lugnutt

No sunroof. It sits outside so lately when I get in there is ice on the floor! I'll check the front window, and the drain.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:00 PM

edit> oops disregard, you said DRIVER's side, but I'll leave this here for anyone who has a leak on th PASSENGER side.
I don't know if you ever solved this, but a pretty common problem on these is the deflector under the cowl coming loose. The air inlet is right under the windsheild and the deflector is bonded to the base of windsheild under the cowl cover.
See clubgp thread for details on fix.
Mine had this problem, but only leaked during hard rains (actually splashes out of squirrel cage housing behind glovebox)

Last edited by Blowd; 01-30-2009 at 05:05 PM.