Old 04-17-2007, 02:38 PM

Default got a windshield for the bonneville..

Finally got a windshield for our bonneville....a new one is 400+, but we were lucky enough to buy this car on sunday, and it had a good windshield...
Now explain how a field car in this shape managed to keep its wondshield in really good shape? I can't believe it, but it sure was nice to find....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64custom1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	88817   Click image for larger version

Name:	64custom2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	88818   Click image for larger version

Name:	64custom3.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	88819  

Old 04-17-2007, 10:44 PM

glass doesn't rust.

if the frame's solid i've seen worse than that fixed.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 04-17-2007, 10:59 PM

haha no, it doesnt rust, but 99% of the time it does get shot out. Around here, at least.
From the looks of the trunk and the how the mud was, and the fact it had been sitting there for a few years, I feel pretty sure that the frame was toast. I've never seen rust on the top section of a firewall before, but it was starting on this one...

Old 04-18-2007, 12:00 AM

yep..Car will be going to the window shop early next month as thats when we're getting the registration on it...Main reason we barely drive it is because a previous owners head made a huge smash in the windshield, whihc spiderwebbed across real good. (brakes were kind of touchy) Didn't want the police to pull the car for safety reasons so we drove it relly sparingly.
Now, it looks like the bonny's turn is coming up for resto now that the parisienne is done

Old 05-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This place has windsheilds for $129.00.http://www.autocityclassic.com/scrip...idCategory=256

Old 05-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Suspended

Thanks for the link 65.
I need a windshield, mine is fogging.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought the windshield for my '61 from Auto City Classic and was happy with it. They were able to deliver it the next day after it was ordered (it did help that they're right here in town.) They can also date code the glass if you want, for an additional charge.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Suspended

Stuart,
Do they sell the rubber gasket also?

Old 05-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure if they do or not....I had already bought one from PY when I ordered the windshield. You could ask them.

For those people interested, they also sell the '61-'64 repro gas tanks, as well as a power window conversion kit with the correct style door switches.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

yes, thumbs up for this company.... they sent some glass that arrived next day, and one piece was wrong, so the correct one showed up the day following. prices are surprisingly friendly.

Stuart- do you know if they have the power window kit for our cars? i saw on their site that they just list 58, & 59-60. you got me to thinking that maybe that would be a nice addition to my project...

Old 05-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On the power window thing, I talked to them at a car show a few years ago and they had a kit for '61-'64 big cars on display. I don't know if it's still available or not.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart
On the power window thing, I talked to them at a car show a few years ago and they had a kit for '61-'64 big cars on display. I don't know if it's still available or not.
i just talked to them regarding the power window kits. they are not listed on their website, but they can do a kit for our cars for $699 for the front & rear windows, and they can also do the vent windows for an additional $289.

this includes motor, gears, wiring, switches.

i'm not sure i heard him correctly regarding the vent windows, but it sounded like he said that original power window pontiacs did not have power vent windows, but cadillac did and those setups move right over to pontiac/chevy.

does this make sense? did 1961 pontiac power window cars not have power vents as stock? i think i would want to setup my car to be like the option came in my car if it had it.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's correct - Pontiacs did not have power vent windows back then. I would imagine the vent window actuators should bolt in but I wonder where they put the vent window switch; on Pontiacs (and Buicks, Oldsmobiles, and Chevrolets) there was a four position switch on the driver's door so you could run all the windows and a single switch at the other three locations.