Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 PM

Default 69 judge resto guide

i have a 69 judge that i bought in 1982 . i did a resto many years ago but now i would like to do a concourse job .
need sugestions on what restorstion books will giude me thru the right colors to paint things , what sheen of black etc... please help .

Old 09-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default search

sounds like a nice project.... to start off, I'd suggest searching this site... lots of folks have previously restored judges and have had questions answered.. You can benefit from the collective lessons already learned.

For starters, here are a couple of threads that came up when I searched for judge restoration advice:

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=540968

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=583099

If you can't find something in the archives, then the folks here likely have the answers.

p.s. - The rules here say that all judge restoration discussions require pics! :-)

Old 10-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The best reference guides will be the factory assembly and service manuals along with the fisher body manual. For the colors and platings, this site is as good a source as you will find. The GTOAA has not published guidelines on this topic as of yet. It is being worked on. The GTOAA Tech advisor for 69 GTO's is Kevin Beal from Ames, you could call him if you don't like the idea of posting here.

Be careful not to blindly follow someone else's restoration photo's. Some guys post photo's as they go and no one wants to "correct" them after the work is done.

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In addition to the factory documentation, if you can find it, the ABSOLUTE BEST reference is an unrestored original low mileage car. Take many pictures on disassembly and document, research, document, research...you get the picture.