Old 12-29-2009, 02:37 AM

Default Just what are 70 RAIV 4-spd project cars bringing now days?

Hello= The reason I ask is I have one with 4.33 gears. Needs restored, but all their and no rust. Want a house so this (and many others) will have to go. Just tiring to get a fill for the market. Might have to hold on to them for a few more years. Thanks for any help. Will post some pics later if I get any replies.
Late=Joel

Old 12-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome to the Forum Joe!
The economy has tanked most markets but high end rare cars are still retaining there value. Thats my findings however Im sure there be someone here to disagree.
Some pictures would be nice as you noted above.
Brew

Old 12-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

1/32: Please post some pictures, PHS and some details on the RAIV.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Assuming not a Judge, but posted in Judge forum...Unrestored cars are hard to price without pix....

Here is one that has had a price drop, and now on ebay. Fully restored, matching for example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3D10%26ps%3D63

Mine was a Judge, matching, restored, low miles, 4:33, nicely optioned. Took off the market after the best I could do was a few trades for SD TA's...

Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/32slotter View Post
Want a house so this (and many others) will have to go. Might have to hold on to them for a few more years.
The price of houses will also increase in a few more years so if you hold off on the house, it may not work that well.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We were just lucky that Nigerian didnt have a lighter that worked. If he had been successful, think of the economic conquences that would have resulted from terrorists getting past security and taking one down over a US city?

Id put it in a home if thats what you need. It might be years before these prices recover and probably never be to what they once were at the peak.

Jeff

Old 12-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Actually the economy isn't going to effect the way I drive! I have two RA IV cars and expect 2010 to be a burnout year!!

Old 12-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I would value yours considerably more.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-29-2009, 08:37 PM

Default 1969 Ram Air IV that sold on ebay

Just to throw a little something into the fire. I tried buying that 1969 Ram Air IV Yesterday on Ebay right down to the auctions end. A funny thing happened on ebay with bidding on that car?? I had a few bids in already just feeling the price out and my bid reached the reserve over $4000 and had placed a few more later with time left. I was doing the usual ebay purchase thing waiting for about the last 20 seconds of that auction and threw a bid of $7950 thinking I would get that car since everybody was just nickel and diming the price up a hundred at a time and guess what?? I get a message back from ebay saying my $6200 bid was outbid???? I bid the $7950??? Call it what you want but I am a firm believer that the Ram Air Hoarder guy's out in the WI and IN area have an inside person at ebay and they play blocking games for them to win rare items and get kick backs doing so! I know that is a harsh statement but this was not the first time something funny happened!! I also tried calling the owner before auctions end with an hour to go and his phone was busy as I would expect. When I did get through later and explained all this to him he also said the guy who won the car had him on the phone for an hour and kept him on it right through auctions end and then some? I told him exactly what I had done and what happened and I am no Rookie to how ebay works. He was not to happy with not having the bid come his way! He told me His wife sells alot of items on Ebay but this was his first time selling anything on Ebay and this was his only Pontiac he ever owned and had fallen on hard times forced this sale of his car. I was not being a prick about it but just simply said I was upset and ripped off and he was also by giving that car away at that price. You can go into that ebay auction and look at the bid time I placed that $7950 bid at but it say's $6200??? It would have been another $1500 or more in the pocket of a guy who sounds like he needs it. He Owned this Ram Air car since 1970 and raced it at the Connecticut Dragway so it also has Nostalga! I also talked with him briefly over the weekend about the some info on what he had and did not have. The guy was sick through Christmas with the flu and I did not push on going over to Glastonbury and buying off ebay. Maybe I should have?? Not my style to be pushy! I have a few Goats left in my Stable and this one would have made a great addition. I am wondering if any other PY members had tried to bid on this car at auctions end with similiar results??? Or have had this happen to them with the Ram air stuff! As for the original thread question. I still believe the market for the rare Goats is there and are stronger than the other muscle cars being sold around here!! Thanks for letting me bend an ear or two!! looking forward to a little feedback! Thanks,Tom Raz

Old 12-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 PM

That's not true!! My father never owned a Pontiac??? He was an Slowsmobile guy!

Old 12-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

gtoraz69, that auction sounds strange alright. Probably will be difficult to prove anything wrong happened. If its something you want badly, usually you have to make the deal good enough to terminate the auction.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd think seller may have cancelled bid unless ebay has a loophole in their bidding system??? Put in a complaint to ebay, regardless...maybe they will find something wrong and fix it...if you don;t do anything, no one will ever know...

Old 12-30-2009, 10:37 AM

Yes, I have filed a complaint already with Ebay. That is as good as pissing in a 100MPH head on wind for my sake. I will come away with the same result! Thanks

Old 12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been eBaying for years and have never run across that situation before. That's a very odd thing. Maybe you entered the wrong amount? I read about a online gaming site that was hacked into recently, so anything is possible. eBay ought to be able to look into it. Let us know what they say.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Senior Chief

who are these alleged RAIV hoarders?

gtoraz69, if your bid was altered by an unscrupulous party, i think they did you a favor.

Last edited by Bermuda Blue; 12-31-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 PM

Default Thread

I am not trying to de~rail this begining PY members Thread question. They know who they are and will do anything to snatch RA Parts! Anything!

Old 12-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Senior Chief

i guess not knowing who the RAIV hoarders are makes me a beginner.

the RAIV hoarders have been at it for while now as evidenced by this thread...

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=620590

Old 12-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/32slotter View Post
Hello= The reason I ask is I have one with 4.33 gears. Needs restored, but all their and no rust. Want a house so this (and many others) will have to go. Just tiring to get a fill for the market. Might have to hold on to them for a few more years. Thanks for any help. Will post some pics later if I get any replies.
Late=Joel
Joel -

I have a RAIV 4.33 70 GTO. If you post more details, we can help with putting a number on it. No rust is huge, but need to know the following to help with value:

1. What is it missing? Carb, distributor, Ram Air hardware, wheels, etc?

2. Original color combo?

3. Documentation? I'm assuming you have a window sticker, PHS paperwork, or something like that.

4. Numbers matching?

5. Condition of the body - any accidents in the past?

6. Options?

History of the car is also good to know, but likely won't affect value too much unless you're the original owner. If you can post pictures, that would be a huge help. If you don't know how to post them you can e mail them to me at sd_walters@hotmail.com and I can post for you.

Thanks and welcome to PY,

Scott