Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Removal of Endura on 70 Judge

I want to get my Endura bumper redone....the paint is spider webbed and is lifting along the top. I have lined up a body shop to redo it (the owner has Pontiac's including a 70 RA IV Judge the same color as mine, Orbit Orange) I don't want the whole car in there, it will sit for ever....but he will paint parts if you bring them to him....He is respraying his car this winter so he can do my bumper and valance at the same time

I have

1) removed lower valance
2) removed headlight bezels and front running/signal lights
3) removed rad to bumper mount top cover (not sure what it is called)
4) remove the nuts and bolts on the top (two on each side) and the lower bolt that ties to the frame extensions (I think these are to line up the front Bumper) It is loose but I cant lift it off the top...There is a lip on the leading edge (facing firewall) and it wont allow me to lift it up.....

OK what am I doing wrong????

Old 12-05-2010, 08:20 PM

I can not help you on actual removal, but do google how to repair and paint the endura bumper. Because it is flexible it requires special repair products and primer and paint. A lot of body shops are not familiar with that type of bumper. It will have to be on car at a later time to build up if necessary to meet fender and hood lines. My enduro was done with a flex primer and a regular paint (Glasurit) and their flex clear.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:44 AM

Did you get the nuts on each fender. There's 4 bolts coming from the bumper.
I took my bumper off at the frame. 4 bolts and it slides out....very heavy though.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK ....I have to unhook the 2 bolt/nut combos on each sise of the frame????
I still don't understand how it lifts off...The dlange is higher than the fenders....I did unhook the bolt on the bottom of each fender....are there more?...It moves up and down and side to side with out the fenders moving

Old 12-06-2010, 04:42 PM

There is two bolts on each side of the frame. Take the back ones totally out and loosen the front the bumper should start to drop. have someone hold the bumper and take the other two front bolts out....the bumper my stay ..just jiggle it. Pulling back on it
Make sure your headlight wiring is off the bumper.
What your moving is two L shaped brackets that are along each side of the frame. The upper of the L holds the bumper and is bolted to the bumper bracket...so taking the 4 bolts out allows you to slide it out. You might have to pry the L bracket away from the frame a little, but hanging on the bumper and pulling up and down does the trick.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks...I will give that a shot

Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Suspended

or you could pull the 2 bolts off that are on front of the braces,behind the grilles. 1 on each bumper bracket.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgtos2 View Post
or you could pull the 2 bolts off that are on front of the braces,behind the grilles. 1 on each bumper bracket.
I tried that.....The flange that the endura frame rests on is too high to lift and slide off....Monkeyed around that way for a couple of hours