Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i would think he bought it as-is as well.

Someone must have messaged the seller back then for PHS copy.
The AC factor not being on Invoice was brought out almost exactly the same way it is being done now.

Seems like a copy was posted - but this box only has stuff on it from the past 3 years.

i tried PY search but its not working for me right now at all.
also consider how threads drift and cars get brought into threads that weren't the original object or subject - if anyone tries to locate a thread about it from back then.
Might be tuff search.
And i don't think anyone went and personally inspected the car back then either.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good find Ransom.

But there is more about it somewhere else on here.
Probably at an earlier time - like before that guy was trying to flip it - right after he bought it.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:30 AM

The driver side door jam has the GM emblem that is for 67s and the blue sticker that has the VIN typed on it that started in 70 I think. It looks like somebody was trying too hard to make the jams look like they had never been touched. Besides that and the A/C deal, it is a gorgeous car.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I hope the day comes when that car is worth over 60... IF it's real and hasn't been blatantly rebodied, I see 40,000.00 on a good day. it's a nice driver. Look at the lack of detail everywhere, jambs, engine, suspension, trunk... IT is nice, so is my twin to this car, I'd sell it tomorrow for 40k.

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I went thru my 69 Judge notes and have a printed copy of the original auction. It was on ebay and ended Sept 10 2006 with a reserve not met at 35,100 and had a buy it now price of 65,750. The seller did not show any PHS but did list all the options which did not include the A/C The seller stated "the car has been painted once and its a really nice job, the factory paint is still in all of the jambs and under the trunk lid" They also clearly stated that the car was a 4 speed but the previous owner was a amputie and made it a automatic. At the time of the auction, the seller stated they bought the car alittle over a year ago. My guess was the previous owner being handicapped, wanted to own and enjoy driving his Judge and had A/C installed and switched over to a automatic when the car had a mild restoration when it would be real easy with the front clip off before paint. Not realizing it until now, I have talked with the current owner of this Judge, and as John said he is a really nice guy and am certain he is not trying to hide anything. Lets face it, this car is 44 years old and alot can happen with modifications during that time frame. Just my 2 cents

Old 03-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I worked for Chrysler years ago and when a employee at our assembly plant ordered a vehicle built at that plant ,he would order a base vehicle. It was standard practice to tag it as 'employee vehicle' and it went down the line being assembled as a full-load high option vehicle or whatever the guy wanted at no charge. It still had to be delivered at a local dealer and I heard the dealers always commented about the invoice!

I also remember a guy in Georgia who would retro-fit factory A/C components to a non-A/C GTO for customers back in the 1990's.

Anything is possible 44 years down the highway but I know if I were interested in that 69 Judge, I would certainly look closely before buying.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

for what its worth- I had a 4 speed raIII ac Judge back in 1975 with 40k miles on it and the PHS I got later said no ac, yet it was all there including the 3.23 non hd rear. I Don't think anyone re bodied a car that was only a few years old back then. Someone here I know in real life can confirm that. speak up

Old 03-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Flyingn , maybe this was the same car ?
You still have any data on it ?

Old 03-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Turns out there is a build sheet for this car.
He posted it on auction #1 and #3 , we were discussing it during auction #2 .

On #3 , he stated that he had become aware of the AC deal - and removed back seat - pulled back carpet etc ... and found nothing but orange overspray in the floor/rocker area.

Must be an after fact add on with the AC.
i sold 3 different complete AC change-overs in the 80's (dashpad, firewall section, etc ... everything) 2 went to Arizona and 1 went to Florida.

Which one of you guys posted this commentary to the seller ?

FYI: your car is a early build because of the turn signal on the fender,All Gto Judges came stock with 3:55.1 Gears in them unless you were in the Raceing Program thru the Dealer then you could order the 4:33 or 4:88 Gears.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 Judge 4spd AC 1a.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	315985   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 Judge 4spd AC 2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	315986  

Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Flyingn , maybe this was the same car ?
You still have any data on it ?

I gotta try to find any info I had on me car, it was bought from Reedman Pontiac in bristol pa(down the street from the Reedmans in Langhorne) and we sold it to a guy in south jersey. I now live in South jersey and go to car shows every weekend and never ever saw the car again. it was loaded. PDB, PS, am/fm, rear speakers, hood tach, gauges, buckets/console. I added tilt/wood wheel, power trunk release. I seriously doubt it was an ac add on cause it did have a 3.23 rear. Oh and no judge plate on the glovebox door(but I changed out the door with a plate door way back). It was CR too.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

obviously posted by a "know it all" who actually doesnt know jack chit. (but he sure can read the books and probably is born in the 80's)