Old 05-13-2017, 01:13 PM

Got a floor shift column from a member, thanks again guys. Its going in, along with swapping out the tired 5C heads that smoke a bit, for some fresh 6X I had on a 400 in my 68 LeMans. Might as well do them at the same time, right? With the column out of the way, the headers are much easier. Pulled the Hurst shifter from my 70 GTO to replace the column shifter I put in the 65. Then the 70 got a TCI unit because it has a 700R4 in it. Since the 70 needs a frame off and has too many issues to drive it, I also pulled the rear sway bar and put it on the 65. It will get upgraded suspension when I do the frame off on the 70, so for now the 65 can have some of the stuff that gets replaced.

I'm doing all of this because the 65 is getting road tripped 950 miles to Nebraska next week for a car event my entire family is attending. We are all driving our own or my dad's cars on a 300 mile cruise, two days in a row. So I need the 65 to be there. Still has the 2.56 open rear gears, so it's not going to be winning races, but it moves pretty damn well considering its a mild 400 with a 2802 cam in it and a stock Th350 behind it. I have others that go fast, this one is for fun driving and road trips. Eventually it will get a posi carrier and some 3.23 or 3.36 gears with a 2004R, behind a healthier engine with more power, but for now this works.

Head swap going along. Should be done today. I did lots of other stuff before starting pulling the top end yesterday. Im not going to stop today until it is drivable again.

edit: Forgot to add the second pic.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:41 PM

Just went through the whole thread. Amazing job man!