Old 04-11-2005, 03:55 PM
"Teacher

Send a message via MSN to

I found this on eBay. Is this a scam? I see no Vin #, and its a private auction.A "Judge" with a "buy it now" of $7000 and no takers? If its not a scam, maybe a purist can buy this and donate it to our school project.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...542719721&rd=1

Old 04-11-2005, 03:55 PM
"Teacher

I found this on eBay. Is this a scam? I see no Vin #, and its a private auction.A "Judge" with a "buy it now" of $7000 and no takers? If its not a scam, maybe a purist can buy this and donate it to our school project.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...542719721&rd=1

Old 04-11-2005, 05:57 PM

Hi Teacher, From the looks of this, it could be a legitimate Judge. Probably the reason no one is "biting" so far is that it is basically a shell of a car, with all the expensive stuff missing: engine, transmission, interior, etc. Therefore, it will be impossible to return it to a numbers matching Judge. Certainly the vehicle could be restored, so it may be worth the investment (if it is real one).

You can actually see the VIN in the photo showing the lower driver's side of the windshield (4th row of photos, 1st picture on left) -- just have the seller take a close up picture of it and send it to you. Additionally, the auction description says it has a clear title, so perhaps the VIN is listed on it. If you can get the VIN, you can confirm it is a Judge (or not) with PHS.

Bob M.
1970 GTO Convertible
Originally: Sierra Yellow/Sandalwood Int/ Sandalwood Top w/ 400 4BBL Auto Trans
Currently: Red/Sandalwood Int/White Top w/ 400 4BBL Manual Trans
Built in Baltimore Plant - 1st week of Nov. 1969
Old 04-11-2005, 07:31 PM
"Teacher

I see.
What I meant by "no VIN" was that none was listed in the car's specs. I can see a VIN on the dash, but cannot make out the numbers. Also, it's too bad we can't afford this...we have alot of the stuff this car needs (glass,regulators, interior, tranny,decent sheetmetal,trunk lid, etc.) but no Judge shell or tag. And our Lemans shell leaves a bit to be desired, though not impossible to fix. This body looks much better than the Judge project that went for $15,000 on eBay a couple of days ago.But it does lack many, many parts the other one had.