Old 07-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking Judge Jacket - Ebang

Wow - $405 final bid. Taximan - thanks again for reproducing these jackets. And for selling them to us at a reasonable price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...BUAA%3AUS%3A11

Old 07-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Amen......thanks again to Taximan. Anyone who bought a jacket
from Taximan for the purpose of flipping it on e-bay is promoting the dark side of the hobby, a side which seems to be cropping up more and more as time goes on. Three months ago I sold our Ultra low mileage 2001 Ram Air T/A in order to buy a gorgeous 70 Chevelle SS396 that a friend wanted to sell. The guy who bought the Firebird spent two hours telling how it was his
dream car and he shouldn't be paying 25K for it and he had to talk his wife
into letting him have it, and he would treasure it forever etc. He also tried
to buy our 79 T/A which I told him was not for sale at any price. He flew in from Houston, drove the car back and the next day it pops up on E-bay with
an opening bid of 30K! Three months later he is still trying to sell it and he is down to 27K. I hope he has to choke on it.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah - I don't like the fact that the guy is making money off of Taximan's hard work. But the jackets are beautiful and now they are valuable too.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's just sad that some folks willingly and purposely sell their integrity so cheap. This guy sold his integrity just to make $300 profit on a jacket.

Did you guys read his song and dance about how HE had it made and it is the ONLY ONE. I caught the auction in the early stage around 50 bucks, but was too appalled to post anything about it.

Listing should have had a disclosure in fine print at bottom that read:
"I just bought this from the guy who spent a tremendous amount of time and diligent effort to have them reproduced - for about $100. I am attempting to sell it at a tremendous profit before the general public becomes aware of what an outrageous lie I am telling about having it done myself and it being the only such example known to exist. Please help feed my greedy ass rotten soul before the truth is exposed and Taximan begins to offer the remaining 100+/- jackets on eBay as well. Thank you in advance for your bid, Sucker ! "

I don't know who to feel the worst for - Taximan, the $405 buyer, or the lying bastard who pulled the scam.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:09 PM

That is the Inline Tube guys.
Their Ebay marketing tactics are very questionable at best.
Most of what they make is listed as NOS.

Just check out this auction# 190007369543
They have sold dozens under the same ad plus THEY make it!!

Someone should inform them of Michigan fraud laws.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

RAVTA i believe was the seller i had no idea they are inline tube...
Ive purchsed items from both...RAVTA has nothing cheap INLINETUBE.. i like there stuff. the jacket was listed as repo... its JUST the PEOPLE whoe arnt aware of our group. the real ones are going from 700-1000 so....

if your out of the loop expect to pay BUT i know what you mean about the sale......... NOW WE ALL KNOW WHAT to expect from this guy unfortunatly.
LANCE KRAMER i thought was RAVTA & he has MY RA V heads I passed on along time ago

Old 07-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Inline Tube has eBay name "kryta"
And like 'coolgto' said, they make their own stuff and list it as NOS. Which isn't exactly an accurate description.

1971 GT-37 - 350/M38, Rosewood Metallic/Black
www.GT-37.org
Old 07-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Guys,

Not trying to defend this guy at all but look closely at the Jacket Pictures. The Zippers are completely Different then the one we got from Taximan as the zippers are White and do not have the Ring as Taximans are metal color and have the correct ring. Also the Tag looks slightly different and is missing the little R that Taximan put on his jackets to show they are reproductions.

You guys might be right but I honestly think the jackets are different. I know that this guy has a Blue Judge Jacket that he hangs in his Liberty Blue Judge as I just saw it last weekend and looks really cool so it is possible he had this made along with the Blue Judge Jacket. Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETJUDGE
LANCE KRAMER i thought was RAVTA & he has MY RA V heads I passed on along time ago
I'm pretty sure RAVTA is Lance Kramer, from LeMars, Iowa. My cousin lives there and I bid once on a 69 TA he had.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys will have to figure out if it isn't a Taximan repo. I didn't purchase one and wouldn't know the details - just following the trail here.

If it's not a Taximan product - I fully retract my condemnations of the seller. But will still feel bad for the $405 buyer.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:27 PM

Everyone here is a douche bag, except of course, for Baron.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Senior Chief

The guy that sold the jacket offered me a second chance on a second jacket that was not as authentic as the one that sold.
How am I supposed to know the difference?

Taximan offered to sell me one for less money.

Can't wait..............they look so cool!

www.brunoscars.com
Old 07-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

im glad i got my 2 before the prices went up and they hang proudly next to the original judge jacket and the superjudge jacket

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 07-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Heres the deal... I posted this previously.

The person who sold that jacket is John Kryta of Inline Tube in MI. I saw him at GTOAA Nat's in Louisville. In fact he was on the team that judged my car.

I am a bit conflicted on this whole issue. When John was judging my car, he saw the jacket in my car. He asked me if I was the one selling the jackets. He then said they were unbelievably similar to the originals and asked if he could buy one. I sold him one. He tracks me down later in the day and asks if he can have another one "for his brother". This was Saturday afternoon. I sell him another.

I get home Monday morning and I find this Ebay auction with a huge load of crap in there about his supplier , and a 1,000 minimum, and returned the only one. Which pissed me off. Then what really pissed me off was his heading "NOS Like New R Judge Jacket"

NOS ???? I told everyone that I sold these too in person. Once I sell it to you, you are free to do anything you want with it, including sell it on EBay. However, If I find out that anyone is trying to rip someone off by passing it off as original, I will bring the hammer down. I put an identifying mark on the jacket that I can tell if its my repo or original. Some of you know what the identifier is.

I also am want to let everyone know that those of you who ordered them last year , got them at "dead on" cost to me.

My intention was to sell them to the people that encouraged me to take this on at cost, and recoup costs and some profit on the ones that are left.

That is still my intention. Don't be upset when these are for sale at more than you guys paid for them. I took the risk, and laid at $12,000 + of my own money upfront, without collecting any money before they arrived. I am not sure how I am selling them yet, but they will be substanially more than you guys paid.

Ironically, its almost comical that these things are actually appreciating already, and since only 144 were made, and approx. 100 buyers, you guys have a collector piece.

I value the advice and support that you guys have given me over the years, and don't want to piss the people off who encouraged me to do this, but selling at higher prices can only help you guys.

Give me your thoughts

Old 07-28-2006, 08:34 PM

Taximan, I love my jacket, so again thanks. As to the remaining jackets, you are very thoughtful to ask us our opinion, even though it's none of our damn business. You took the risk and put up the capital, sell them for a thousand dollars apiece if you can. More power to you. This is after all, a free market society.

Thanks again, for your hard work.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ron,
I talked to you about the jackets at the nationals-I bought 2 jackets before I met you personally. You should put them on ebay and get whatever you can out of them. The guys here got a good deal on them so now make some profit. I think everybody on the board here knows you are a stand up guy and did this project cause you could get it done not to make a lot of $$$ on it. You also know what I think of Kryta since his "My car is worth $180K" deal. Too bad all the guys I have dealt with arent as honest and trustworthy as you. Jim

Old 07-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Senior Chief

Taximan,You should sell them for what ever you want too.It was all your work and time and I thank you.I love my Jacket!!!

1998 Trans Am WS6
2005 GTO M6
Old 07-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The fact a Taximan jacket was re-sold didn't surprise me at all. The final bid was actually a compliment to his efforts. It was the sellers approach, bull**** and lies that stunk it up so bad.

Taximan deserves ANY amount of profit he can generate from the remaining Jackets. Because he did it all honest - and with integrity.

Taxi : I would expose the fraudmonger and supply a link to his completed auction in your eBay auctions - just to help further stimulate and educate the public.

2 more pennies - Might also be a good idea to specify that only one Jacket in winners choice of available sizes per month, or one every 2 weeks, will be auctioned until they are gone. Instead of continually offering them in consecutive auctions. May help to keep the bids strong each time.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have 3 of your jackets & they are down right georgous..... was gonna try selling one at a swapp meet but I didnt want ALL THIS AGIANST ME. So now i display 2 jackets in my Judge 1 on each coat hanger (thats what theyre there for) & my other in my prostreet car with a SUPER JUDGE PATCH on it. Although NOT entirely correct the general public doesnt know.
I would assume these jackets were for the 69. DID they make a jacket for 70 as i have a BUNCH of the JUDGE patches in a totally differnt color combo.
Black edge, white field, & the judge in red outline.???? Could be for 70s or would look killer on a black jacket.
TAXIMAN.... make a buck or too before someone else benefits on ALL YOUR HARD EARNED EFFORTS!!!!!!!!!
I think all who purchased wanted for themselves not flip, but you cant control uncontrollable people. WE all must do what we must but wait for the affects......
nothing against anyone trying survive these days & i like the INLINETUBE CAR & THERE PRODUCTS..... ive never met them personally.......i 98% get along with all PONTIAC PEOPLE

Old 07-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think it says a lot that all of you guys that said they wanted one a year and half ago:

- came through and bought them
- didn't flip them on EBang

It was frustrating, but fun to do these jackets. I just get pissed off when I get lied to like I did on that jacket. And then to put all that BS in the ad pissed me off even more.

I decided I am going to unload the rest on EBang shortly and take a max of $200 out of each sale and send the remainder to the American Cancer Society.

I had someone close to me die of cancer that loved my Judge as much as I do.

Thanks for everyones encouragement to move forward on this project. Enjoy your jackets in good health.