Old 06-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks even better. Interior appears flawless...

Old 06-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default LH Fender?

Is that some sort of alarm key switch in the upper side of the LH fender. Also next to the steering column coming through firewall....same thing (alarm system wiring?)

Radiator cap looks to be a replacement.

Cap nuts at master cylinder??

All minor stuff on a SPECTACULAR 65!

Plug wire dates? I can see 4-Q-?? Are all the wires the Originals?

Any pics of the tail panel trim and tail lights?

THANKS for sharing more pics with all of us!

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.

Last edited by 60sstuff; 06-18-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAII 4-speed View Post
here is a picture of the firewall, as you can see, there is a red x marked on the firewall with a crayon. I assume it is an inspectors mark...Your thoughts?

Also, there are a series of numbers punched into the firewall in fact there are 2 sets of them anyone know what they are for?
THANK YOU in advance.

Try laying plain white paper over those firewall numbers and rub pencil lead over it and see if you can decipher anything?

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Senior Chief

Yes there is an alarm system that was installed when new. It is a key switch and it also has a chapman type lock and siren I am not sure if I should remove it or leave it....any thoughts?

I thought the rad cap was original

Yes the caps on the master cyl were there since he bought it new, It was one of the first things I asked him about. That is why I posted that pic.

plug wires were replaced under warranty in 1968 they are dated 4+Q-68

I do have some tail panel pics i will post them

Old 06-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sstuff View Post
Try laying plain white paper over those firewall numbers and rub pencil lead over it and see if you can decipher anything?
I actually have a sight problem I suffered a stroke this past April and lost my right eye vision.
I will have my wife look at the numbers in the AM and let you know what they are

Old 06-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Senior Chief

AS REQUESTED

Old 06-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

RAII, my suggestion (just my opinion) would be to change nothing on the car. Even the alarm, etc. and other small details are just an honest documentation of the car's history and past life. My own '65 that I've had since '82 has many mods that were done before I got the car, and several I did as a kid, and it has never been restored, just repaired as needed to keep it on the road all these years. Perfect? No, but interesting, IMO, more interesting than a car that's been frame-offed and had its history wiped clean. You have a real gem there, and I'm glad you appreciate it and even more glad you're sharing it with us. My own '65 is also a Blue Charcoal/blue interior tripower 4 speed car, although the original engine was blown up in the late '70's.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:14 PM

Absolutely Stunning, everyone wants to know...how much?

Old 06-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehead View Post
Absolutely Stunning, everyone wants to know...how much?
I really do not think it matters what I paid for it, I think what matters is what is it worth.
lets see what the opinion here is on the value of the car.
thoughts anyone?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Will venture 30-35k as a safe range of figures .

Old 06-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Senior Chief

Original unrestored cars generally rank the highest in value. You can only be original once. Having a car repainted (like yours) hurts it's value some. Most cars that I have seen in the original time capsule category go into the six figure range.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to 3 Deuce 64

I was wondering what ever happened to that car . If I remember correctly your son worked at the garage the original owner had it serviced at in the Boston area . We talked a few times on the phone . You bought the car right . As soon as I saw the dash picture I knew it was the same car . Below is the picture of the dash you sent me when we were discussing the car and you were considering buying it you made the right move. Beautiful car . Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01944 - Copy.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	326987  

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but
they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a
status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,
which would include their own government." — George Washington

Old 06-20-2013, 05:38 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Deuce 64 View Post
I was wondering what ever happened to that car . If I remember correctly your son worked at the garage the original owner had it serviced at in the Boston area . We talked a few times on the phone . You bought the car right . As soon as I saw the dash picture I knew it was the same car . Below is the picture of the dash you sent me when we were discussing the car and you were considering buying it you made the right move. Beautiful car . Don
Yes Don you are correct we spoke back in February of 2009 when I first looked at the car.
Yes my Son did work at the garage where the original owner had it serviced. The last inspection sticker is from May 1995.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAII 4-speed View Post
I really do not think it matters what I paid for it, I think what matters is what is it worth.
lets see what the opinion here is on the value of the car.
thoughts anyone?
Of course it doesn't matter, just curious that's all. Most of us like a perspective to use to evaluate our cars for past or future sales/purchase. Yours, obviously, is the top bar.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehead View Post
Of course it doesn't matter, just curious that's all. Most of us like a perspective to use to evaluate our cars for past or future sales/purchase. Yours, obviously, is the top bar.
I do not think the sale of the one I bought would be a good reference, This car was never advertised for sale it was just word of mouth. That said, I honestly do not know what the value is But I would like to know what someone would pay for it.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would pay 35k for it. Sounds like you got a deal on it. I don't think knowing how much you paid for it would influence how much someone would pay for it now. Value is value and I bet you would have a line at your door if you were asking 35K. You must of got it for under 20K.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option 382 View Post
Original unrestored cars generally rank the highest in value. You can only be original once. Having a car repainted (like yours) hurts it's value some. Most cars that I have seen in the original time capsule category go into the six figure range.
In this instance, I do not think the repaint hurts as it was repainted (I believe) under warranty due to defects in the original finish.

1964 Pontiac GTO, Tri-Power, 4 Speed, Grenadier Red/Black Interior
1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383/727TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red/Red Interior/White Top
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG View Post
You must of got it for under 20K.
If that happened he literally stole it.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I'd pay 35k for it too, but it's worth a lot more than that. It's a real tripower 4 speed convert, not a conversion of a lesser car, and that makes all the difference. Real tripower 4 speed ragtops are very, very rare. This car is a nice color combo with all the performanc options, and has a history that is fully documented and is interesting, as well. I think the right two bidders on ebay could make this car a 'stupid money' car pretty quickly. If this car were a garden variety, one- repaint 4bbl car in this shape, 35-40k would be a good ballpark value. But for this car, a real tripower/4speed/gauges ragtop? Naw.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:48 AM

Outstanding car.Those finds are getting far and few between.

I have a Fremount built 64 lemans convert with the same red X on the firewall.When a painted the firewall I masked around it to save it.Things can be only original once.
Also had a key alarm but was inside on the drivers fender well.