Old 08-02-2021, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '64 GTO Factory A/C 4 spd on eBay

After seeing the bidding on the Project that was discussed in another thread, I'm surprised that nobody has pulled the trigger on the non-A/C Hardtop at $51,500.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28438713355...AAAOSw7t9hAElN

Maybe the over-hyped description, the bogus "original" Window Sticker, and some obvious resto touches have turned serious bidders off?

But if a project A/C Hardtop bids to $11,400 and assuming the money does change hands, surely this one will bid way beyond $50k. The resto cost alone surely exceeded $60k on this Silvermist Hardtop.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22455367614...hBJ1e#viTabs_0

Anybody gonna make a guess on the high bid?

Old 08-05-2021, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nobody following this one?

$43,100 with 4 days left.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think there was enough questions surrounding the red car and that it was modified (original 4bbl car now Tripower) and that it wasn't as "untouched original" as it was stated probably turned a lot of people away, especially at that price. A decent enough car, but maybe too many questions given the price tag).

The silver car has much more potential, the PHS report showing it is what it is claimed to be sure helps.

I wish I knew who got the $11.4k project car. It was local to me but I would guess it is going somewhere else. I'd like to see if anyone will be restoring it or what will become of it. It would be a neat car once restored since not all GTOs were top of the heap performance cars, so many were just adequately powerful luxury cruisers like that one. It is always fun to see the variety of these cars at a car show.

Old 08-07-2021, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like this silver car. Very close in condition to my Blue Charcoal tripower 4 speed (but no AC) '65 hardtop. Totally honest car, nice driver, not perfect. My kind of car!!