Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i think some of those shops use specs that were originally for bias-ply tires. some shops refuse to do customer requests (because we're obviously stupid!) and insist on the old specs. i've made friends with my shop; had to convince them that i knew what i was talking about and show them how the sc&c stage 2+ (thanks, marcus!)works and they were pretty impressed. i think the key is to tell them 'this system works with these settings; it's no longer stock'.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:17 PM

Thanks to all that have replied. You guys are great on here. I would be lost without you!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 Goatman View Post
Also, I don't think it was mentioned in this post, but I have read on the this forum many users switching to a Jeep Grand Cherokee box and pump for good road feel along with variable ratio, just perform a search.

Thanks
Personally, I would stay away from a variable ratio box, especially if you do any kind of spirited driving. Every article I have ever read about a car with variable ratio box the authors hated because the steering feel is non-linear and can be hard to control properly when driven hard. My dad's 68 Cadillac has a variable box in it and I didn't like it at all. It is very slow on center and quicker as you turn.

65 Catalina 2DHT, 389 bored 0.060 over, Crower 60916 cam, #16 heads, CR Q-Jet, TH400, Continental 13", 3.42 Posi, Frame-off resto, RARE Long branch manifolds, 2-1/2" Pypes with X-pipe and Goerlich Turbo mufflers
Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65catalina View Post
Personally, I would stay away from a variable ratio box....
THe Grand Cherokee box isn't variable. It's fixed at 12.7:1.